Thieves steal 35 snakes from home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why i keep locks on alol my enclosures
I'm sure thieves wouldn't mind putting a hammer through the glass of you enclosure. If people want something bad enough they will take it..

Should have a shotgun rigged up to the door so when it is opened it goes off haha

Hopefully one of them does get bitten and caught as a result.. if they are bitten and die then the snakes will just die eventually too.

i've bought/sold plenty of snakes with just the suburb or "as per licence" written into the MA. Never had an issue with it and have had epa do a few audits on my books and never been mentioned when they check out the MA's.

I really don't see a need for the address to be recorded, you have their phone number, and in most cases email. if something goes wrong or someone has a question they don't need to come knocking on your door.

I like the 'as per licence' idea. Good thinking!
cheers
Joy

thats no good, these people will have there day of a nasty bite =) i hope or a catch from the blues.

one of the problems of posting collection pics on public forums and doing sales from home :(

I cant believe this is only getting more common. It just proves how desperate and deceiteful our society is becoming. The worst part is it always happens to the nice guys, i feel really bad for kris as i know he had some great projects on the go.

i like the as per licence idea also i think ill be doing that as people whome i dont care knowing about my address and herps already know me personally...... im all for setting up mini cams and what not through out herp rooms, it easy to do i have a spare computer i could rig up about 8 cheap mini cams to...... the only problem being us people that rent cant go drilling any holes or doing anything perminant

not really a huge suprise its happend again. definitly a shame but to be expected in a hobby filled with so many losers. herpers are one of the worse groups of people i can think of and its rare to find ones you can trust.

not really a huge suprise its happend again. definitly a shame but to be expected in a hobby filled with so many losers. herpers are one of the worse groups of people i can think of and its rare to find ones you can trust.
hahaha you reckon.....I think there would be losers in any hobby. Horse hobby......cutting off horses tails so the competitor cannot show them???
Dog shows.....deliberately break a dogs tail of the competitors dog so that it cannot be shown...these are some stories that I have heard around the traps.
It is not just the herp hobby that have scum.

Dog shows.....deliberately break a dogs tail of the competitors dog so that it cannot be shown...these are some stories that I have heard around the traps.

I show my dog and have never heard any stories like this. There may be some very bitchy people in the show ring, but not cruel people like that! There is verbal backstabbing, but no one who also shows.owns dogs would delibrately hurt another dog to make their chances of winning better.

I agree herpers are one of the worst... a LOT of people do it for the 'coo' or 'badass' factor of owning a snake, and those people are generally crumbs.

Not all keepers write off the animals that die, they have room on their permit to place the snakes and then sell as legally owned snakes, lets face it, if you have a pair of snakes they bred, you are just selling snakes you bred. Some will go under the counter, but most will be sold through the books.

Listing your details when you sell makes no difference, the only people that have access to your details are those you deal with....if you suspect someone, hand over your books to the police and let them investigate each person listed. Until the privacy laws catch up with the Wildlife regulations we all will just have to suck it up and accept that there is no other legal alternative.

i would have to say that statement is abit steep iv had good experiences so far dealing with people like colin, southern cross reptiles, Lewy from this site a breeder in ACT and the breeeder in north qld that made the obee line of jungles...... i have delt with these people recently and they have all been exeptional to deal with also i had another member on this site give me a hand by holding onto some herps for me while i moved over from WA not only that he has given me a hand with everything from putting my enclosures together to lending me thermostats when my other ones blew unexpectedly....... so i would have to say i have had positive experiences here in qld so far........ i have delt with a rather unsavory reptile dealer in WA that has charged top dollar for animals on deaths door but i wont go into that as WA is a different kettle of fish compared to the rest of australia i geuss it comes down to the fact that 25% of the population are scumbags and they arent restricted to any one hobby they exist accross the board

its sht that your animals were stolen, even shter still that you cannot to this day insure your animals like they can overseas and still even more sht that cops in general wont give a toss about your stolen reptiles.......

all the best hope you get at least a portion of them back or better still find out who did the deed and where you can find them.........

Thats horrible news. But a good wake up call really. Cant trust everyone, and it especially makes it hard when your selling herps from home. Feel for anyone who has stolen off. No matter the item.

i hope smitthy gets his stuff back. he is from this site. very sad indeed. he has some very nice snakes and has worked very hard to accurie his nice snakes. even if the ungliest one got stolen. i would be heart broken you like are attached to all of them

good luck smitty

There is no practical reason for the bureaucrats to insist on full addresses - all this does is save them some work. If you supply a name, licence number and suburb, they are well able to link the animal in question to the buyer/seller. The whole, pointless and disjointed system needs a shake-up Australia-wide.

Nobody seems to be able to answer why we need licensing for captive bred pet reptiles in the first place... except that that's the way it started when animals were wid-caught and licensing was considered necessary for that reason.

this is why I didn't tell people when or where I was moving :( I already had enough problems with my ex .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back