Things we do!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizard750

Reaction score
So I spent all morning striping my Womas's enclosure of the nice rock background that I'd spent hours putting in there when I first set it up. A newbie error, I had stuck it in there really good with double sided tape and clear tape around the edges so she couldn't get in behind it, I thought I had done a really good job (well I had, it took me hours to get it and all the sticky residue off!!)

After doing some back reading of various threads on here and seeing some pretty horrific pics of injured snakes (which some said looked similar to sticky tape injuries) I knew I'd made a big rookie mistake in setting my enclosure up.

So I set her up in a plastic tub and started stripping it all out. As mentioned on other threads they really don't mention 'Not to use Tape' in care sheets and set up guides, and without prior knowledge you wouldn't think something as common and simple as sticky tape could be so harmful and dangerous, but once I read about the potential risk there was no other option for me.

Now I can rest assured that she's safe in her enclosure.

So I just wanted to say thanks for all the info and advice that's here on the site for those of us who are still learning. I am relieved that's one lesson I won't have to learn the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use either glue or selastic plus the odd screw to hold my backgrounds sealed and in place .Obviously this needs more than 24 hours to vent the fumes but once done no more problems.I need tighter seals because of my dragons need for bugs but I don't want my pythons crawling into the cracks either.

Great to see an awesome success story from research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back