This makes me sick, Lacie on gumtree.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name and shame the rat. I have no time for cretins like that. Lucky the add was removed. I would have called, made an appointment then.......u know the rest.

People like this need to be reported to the RSPCA and have any and all animals taken from their care.....How could anyone treat any animal like that.

he is always on face book selling multiple reptiles, most look ok but every now and then there is a sick one or one that is in an enclosure that is too small or in a bird cage or to many reptiles in the one tank

I didn't really want to add to this thread but I was interested enough to check out the Facebook page when I found this pic... It's a bit off topic but is this python hanging on a light globe?
y5y7e9az.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really want to add to this thread but I was interested enough to check out the Facebook page when I found this pic... It's a bit off topic but is this python hanging on a light globe?
y5y7e9az.jpg

It sure is. I see a number of problems with this enclosure. I know its not a full tank shot but, I don't see any protective coverings for the heat/light sources. I don't see any hides, perches or ledges. No water bowl, and is that foil near the heat lamp? I wouldn't even use this for a temporary enclosure while I clean cages. Nice looking snake though. I hope it didn't get burned on that light.

It equates to the same thing unfortunately. The persons lack of knowledge is leading to a lack of care.

That is so mean if I got a LaCie I'd noise it in a aviary but that tank is so small but I agree lack of knowledge leads to lack of care.

I personally think that its to easy to obtain a basic licence idk of other states but at least there is a waiting time of roughly 3 weeks in Vic, i think that if you want to own a reptile you need to sit a test of some sort to show that you have researched and know whats involved in keeping one, and maybe keep the waiting time 4 weeks to stop the lack of knowledge equaling lack of care. But sadly we see this with all animals when they are young they are cute and when they grow up just tossed aside. We need stricter laws and heavy penalties to discourage this kind of thing happening. Ive stopped watching vids on youtube because so many times u see a reptile in a glass tank with news paper, so many /too many have the attitude its just an animal. Can this sort of thing be reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back