This Season's Baby Albino Death Adders!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
The albinoes are breeding! I didn't catch anything being born unfortunately, but I took these pictures when they were probably around 5-10 hours old. As you can see, there is an incredible amount of variation (yes, all these are albino, all have red eyes). Like albino Carpets etc they look much more dull when they are tiny babies (which is why you rarely see pictures of hatchling albino Carpets! But hey, I won't be so shy, it's cool to see them and how much they change :) ).

I still haven't really worked out how to tell what a baby will look like as an adult, but it seems that generally the redder ones stay a rich red/orange and the duller ones become much more pale... but there is obviously much more to it than that and the adults vary as much as the babies. It's difficult to find any two babies which look alike.

Pretty exciting stuff! :)

BabyalbinoAddersvarietypack.jpg

BabyalbinoAddersselectionplatter.jpg

BabyAddersvarietybucket.jpg

And a couple of pictures of older ones for comparison (these might have been posted before, sorry!). I would love to be able to get a big pile of adults together to take variation photographs like the above ones!

SdajiLineAlbinopraelongus.jpg

Albinocovershotday.jpg

gorgeous!!! love death adders!!!! would love to add one of them to my collection one day!
*sigh sadly though it will never be, would have to get divorced first LOL*

stunning little guys! how big are the bubs when they are born? they look so tiny and adorable! thanks for posting awesome pics as always :D

Congrats Sdaji, must be stoked mate.

absolutely awesome hatchies, you must be very proud, will you be selling these at all & approximate prices???

gorgeous!!! love death adders!!!! would love to add one of them to my collection one day!
*sigh sadly though it will never be, would have to get divorced first LOL*

You say that like it's something other than a bonus! ;)

Yep, it's pretty exciting! :) I'm still not over just how much variation comes out of a single clutch!

Shooshoo: They're roughly 18cm long (I'm just guessing, I can't remember measuring!) at birth. Pretty small. The albinoes are pretty good feeders though, and they grow quickly... very lucky to have the albinism pop up in good animals :)

Well done thats a rareity how much would one be worth just curious same with a lot of others

Wow, stunning. I'd love a death adder.

grats on the bubs, theyre really cute, but that adult is amazing!!
drools

Do the little ones have fangs long enough to penetrate skin? Do owners handle them? I like to be able to interact with my pets and some of my pythons love my attention, like they know I'm friendly and affectionate towards them. But I would like to know if elapids can show the same 'respect' to their owners...lol

You say that like it's something other than a bonus! ;)

Only been married 2 years, so still classes as a newlywed, not at that stage of thinking just yet, although some days he really tries my patience LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back