This weeks Herping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty007

Reaction score
Went for a drive in the night this week as the weather is getting nice and hot. We saw 3 pythons ,4 Geckos and numerous small snakes . Was great. I think one of the Geckos pictured is a Chamealeon Gecko { spelling } so was nice to see that. Can anyone tell me what the small sort of golden crowned snake is ??? There is a pic of a gecko being held by my friend. Before any one has a winge the poor bloke couldnt help himself as he is from Sydney and he hadnt been "clued " up. Was good for the pic though. Cheers all Matty

Attachments

• DSC02562.JPG
    DSC02562.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC02568.JPG
    DSC02568.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC02570.JPG
    DSC02570.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC02575.JPG
    DSC02575.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02571.JPG
    DSC02571.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 166
thats crazy.. so many reptiles in one night.. where did you go drivin?? lol.. where is the best bushwalkin place (for snakes) on the northern beaches, does anyone know??

WOW

All those animals are amazing, Chameleon Gecko it is! Nice find!!

Love the leaf, but how nice is that Carpet, the patterns are gorgeous!

Extremely jelous...

Went for a drive in the night this week as the weather is getting nice and hot. We saw 3 pythons ,4 Geckos and numerous small snakes . Was great. I think one of the Geckos pictured is a Chamealeon Gecko { spelling } so was nice to see that. Can anyone tell me what the small sort of golden crowned snake is ??? There is a pic of a gecko being held by my friend. Before any one has a winge the poor bloke couldnt help himself as he is from Sydney and he hadnt been "clued " up. Was good for the pic though. Cheers all Matty

at first glance it appears a red naped snake dude

Another , bit closer

Attachments

• DSC02566.JPG
    DSC02566.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 110
the northern crown is only found in a very small area of FNQ
so it could be the culprit!!

Thanks Mr Pimp ;) see what anyone else thinks.

that second pic mate looks to me like a red nap or an orange nap depends on what locale u r from
cheers mate from matt wedlock

Love the leafy and that's a cracker jungle too,great finds and the Chameleon gecko a find and a half,what a great night you had.

I would have guessed the jungle as a Tully area form but obviously not,the locality would be very interesting to me if you could pm me the local i'd really appreciate it,if you'd prefer to keep it to yourself i completely understand...cheers!

Good effort! I love seeing peoples herping trip pics :D

Although may I emphasize, anyone who knows anything about Victorian conditions would know you don't see many reptiles (if any) doing this sort of thing. You guys are lucky in the warmer parts to see stuff getting about like that in the quantities you do!! We've got to really hunt around for the buggers down here! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back