Those in IT and Graphic Design etc - A GOOD Mouse?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm after a good mouse, I love my trackpad on my mac but my wrists are suffering greatly, with photo editing and graphic design study. I'm hoping you guys could point me towards or tell me what you use. Preferably under $100, ergonomic, and small (I'm quite tiny).

Thanks!

Wacom tablet ;) I use the intuos 4. Its amazing how good it is for photo editing and graphic design :p takes a bit of getting used to, to start with but you learn quickly and never look back. Mind you some are fairly expensive, but I think they do have some cheaper ones in their range (e.g. the bamboo, if they still have it).

As to actual mice, can't comment there.. I don't use one :)

If you're a student: Search results for: 'wacom'

Last edited:
Razer. They're built for gaming, but the sensitivity settings, DPI settings and macro options are well worth it. Basic models start at $70 and go all the way up to $200.

wacom all the way,.....my hand would fall off if i had to do what i do with a mouse.......

theyre not under $100, (i think around 500ish) but its cash very well spent,....

if ur studying u can get student discounts,....

I'm with Crystal Discus, I use Razer. I've got a razer mouse (abyssus) and pad (goliathus) and they can't be beaten for accuracy and you can get the pair for less than $100 if you shop around. I go mental if you try to make me vector etc with a regular mac mouse.
Plus razer stuff is branded with snakes, what could be better? lol.

I find that I don't use my cintiq (by wacom) tablet much anymore unless I'm illustrating.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack but do Razer make good left handed mice too? It's just about freakin impossible to find a good ergonomic lefty mouse

The razer deathadder is pretty good, a left handed friend has the lefty version of that one.

All their standard mice come with a profile setting button on the bottom, so you can change the orientation. You can also download drivers with a GUI and change it that way.

Forget the mouse, get a graphics tablet and pen! Way more comfortable and practical to use.

I haven't used a mouse for a long time, it's always the tablet and pen, not just for photoshop but word processing, layout, video editing, the works. Would never go back to a mouse!

Doesn't take too long to pick up the hang of using one. You can buy great big fancy ones, but I use a little Wacom Bamboo which is around $130, and I've never seen need for a bigger one. Perhaps if you were an illustrator you might consider a bigger one.

Been using a trackball for longer than I can remember.Hate the ones that you need to move around the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back