Thought i would share my olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are pretty resilient mate, she should be fine. I am surprised the kookaburra had a go. I mean I know they tuff but a 7ft olive? haha bit of a little more than it could chew.

Cheers guys.

It isn't too bad, but it was a little swollen around the wound this morning.

I'm a bit worried as i don't want her catching any infections through it. Will be removing the bark out of her enclosure too and put down something like a towel so its a bit cleaner and less chance of anything getting in and making her sick.

Their fantastic snakes hey, I have a 5ft 18 month old and she is wonderful can't wait for her to get bigger

Beautiful snake, i'm in love with Olives! Hope all goes well for her.

Back from the vet and it wasn't infected. Just gave her a quick needle and going back for 2 more over the next week to make sure she stays healthy.

She got a much deserved rat when she got home

263156_10150277044245862_621700861_9486034_7635359_n.jpg

Her bite is healing up well... no more extended times on the grass though. Will have to find a different place to take her out in the sun

Last edited:
I have a 6 year old male if u or anyone is interested in.. i am downsizing . Hes over 3 meters good temperament but not to keen on being handled, never has been. make an offer???

Josh 0419174436 sydney

I can't believe a kookaburra had a go at her! That's one brave bird.

She's a nice olive. I don't suppose you got her sexed to confirm her gender while you were at the vet?

Olive is beautiful!! My first choice of snake was an Olive when I knew nothing about snakes, still love them but at 152cm and middle age prob a bit big for me.

Shes going back on Tuesday for her final injection (i wasnt keen on doing her injections at home) and will ask if they have the time to sex her just to confirm. Id love a male to give breeding a go but currently i'm broke as a joke and not sure if id be able to fund it all this year so aiming for next season.

Id love a male josh and i assume the sooner the better so he has time to settle down in a new home before breeding. But id rather buy from around my area (Hervey Bay, QLD) and i'm not sure if Olivia (who's only 7ft) is compatible with a 10ft male? Any keen breeders want to shine on that while i've raised the question? Also how are olives with living together with a partner? her enclosure is fairly big and i don't really want to house them in the long rectangular enclosures as i love watching them climb and stretched out.

And cheers Fiamma, she is a good girl.

I never really thought of size being an issue, I'll obviously be taking precautions when shes a bit bigger with handling her, making sure she stays away from other pets and maintenance of her enclosure while she is still in there. But she has only headbutted me once while she was shedding and fresh after moving in with me. That's the only violent act shes ever shown in the last 12 or so months, shes just a giant teddy bear 99% of the time. I still wont let her wrap around my neck and i aim her away from my face while handling, i guess it comes down to a confidence thing when housing big snakes and also having enough room to house them! lol

Last edited:
Thats a small Olive, for 4.5 years, could do with feeding up a bit...

I dont want to power feed her... i give her 2 medium rats every 14 - 20 days.

Big enough to leave a lump in her but isn't like a balloon like i see sometimes after people feed their snakes sometimes

I dont want to power feed her... i give her 2 medium rats every 14 - 20 days.

Big enough to leave a lump in her but isn't like a balloon like i see sometimes after people feed their snakes sometimes

Yep, you certainly wont be accused of power feeding her...thats not enough food for an Olive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back