Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not entirely convinced it is a BHP/woma cross. It more looks like a gold chin BHP. They could do genetic testing on deceased animals and the thread didn't validate it. I'm definitely not saying it can't be done but this is no means a definite cross breed.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a link to the exact legislation concerning cross breeding in Qld?
i personally don't see much of a problem breeding anything spilota to anything spilota I can understand if you were trying to cross scrubies and bredli or gtp with a olive python ( just some examples doubt if anyone had done that probably tried though..) I also don't like jags purely
because of the neuro to each their own though.

? Section 92 of the Nature Conservation Act 1992

92 Restriction on breeding etc. hybrids of protected animals
(1) A person must not?
(a) knowingly breed a hybrid or mutation of a protected animal; or
(b) abandon a hybrid or mutation of a protected animal in the wild; other than under a regulation or exemption under a regulation.
Maximum penalty?165 penalty units.
(2) A person must not release a hybrid or mutation of a protected animal into the wild other than under a conservation plan for the protected animal.
Maximum penalty?165 penalty units or 1 year?s imprisonment.

There is currently no regulation, or exemption under a regulation that authorises the breeding of a hybrid. It is therefore unlawful for a person to knowingly breed a hybrid of a protected animal.

TheNature Conservation (Wildlife Management) Regulation 2006 currently authorises the breeding of mutations for the following wildlife:

? a controlled bird;

? a commercial bird; or

? a recreational bird.

There is currently no regulation, or exemption under a regulation that authorises the breeding of a mutation of a restricted bird, any reptile or any amphibian. It is therefore unlawful for a person to knowingly breed a mutation of a restricted bird, any reptile or any amphibian.

The Nature Conservation (Wildlife Management) Regulation 2006 is scheduled for review by the department in 2015. As part of this review, the department will assess which species of protected animal can be legally mutated, and whether or not it is appropriate to legalise mutations for other species of protected animal.

There are currently no plans to legalise the creation of hybrid protected animals. The department considers the deliberate creation of hybrid protected animals as a serious risk to conservation and significant penalties apply for those found to be knowingly producing hybrid protected animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back