Thoughts?....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof_Moreliarty

Reaction score
Hey all so there is a guy on youtube who has had an infestation of redbacks and kept some in a tank where he has been introducing various native wildlife into the tank in order to video it battling the redbacks for views.... the latest one caught my attention as he has been putting skinks in there and they have been killed by the redbacks just wondering on the legality of this and how you would go about reporting it. ( if u want to find the vids just type redback and skink into youtube)

As far as I know taking native wildlife out of the wild is illegal if you are not licensed. As sick and cruel this is, I think feeding wild lizards to other creatures is actually legal. I'm not sure if you can report it.

As far as I know taking native wildlife out of the wild is illegal if you are not licensed. As sick and cruel this is, I think feeding wild lizards to other creatures is actually legal. I'm not sure if you can report it.

Of course it's illegal to take protected species from the wild, without a permit, for any reason, and all native reptiles are protected, even small skinks.

Jamie

i have flagged the vid for animal abuse on youtube (more people should do the same) i have no idea which state he is in but prob along east coast? vic/nsw? ill just report it to both relevant wildlife authority's

Got nothing better to do. Needs a life. Id love to get the lid off that enclosure. Maybe take the kids up the park rather than sitting in that room with half a chubby killing things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back