Tie me kangaroo down sport and two little boys.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The artistic merit of his work does not change. Viewed by someone impartial to events it will been seen/heard as having the same inherit value. However, everyday people are not impartial and they have an emotional response when viewing art or listening to songs. The actions of the man will naturally sully that response, to a greater or lesser degree. Those who organise playlists on radio are aware of this and will no doubt respond accordingly. Galleries, on the other hand, tend to restrict themselves to artistic value. However, where his artwork is part of a celebration of the man's life and achievements, I can see it being removed - such as his potrait of the queen.

In summary, I don't believe the artistic merit of his work is altered by his deeds. What I do believe will definitely change is people's personal appreciation of his work. Lastly, where his work has been used to pay homage to the man himself, I would expect it to be removed.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back