Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikingtimbo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This summer I've spent a lot of time looking for Tiger Snakes around Melbourne. I've uploaded more than twenty Tiger videos to YouTube but so far they haven't got many views. There must be lots of people out there who'd really enjoy them so I thought I'd post a link to my YouTube channel here on the forum:

vikingtimbo - YouTube

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Had a look at these just a few days ago, some nice tigers in there! YBP never fails to disappoint :)

Great work Tim. Good to see the animals doing their own thing in the field.

Hope you can sneak in a few more before the end of the season.

Subbed a while back.

"subbed" is subscribed.

It means you have subscribed to that persons Youtube channel so that you get notified each time they upload a new video. It's very handy if you like to follow certain people and what videos they are producing.

Thanks for that mate. By the way, I've seen some of your camera work and it's very good.

Tim, one of your videos is titled 'Gippsland Water Dragon Pt 2', however the specimen has a dark stripe behind each eye, which I'd always considered to be an Eastern Water Dragon characteristic rather than a Gippsland Water Dragon feature. What colour was his chest? Could that specimen be a hybrid?

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate. By the way, I've seen some of your camera work and it's very good.

Yep, I subscribed to Greg's (Saratoga's) channel a while back. From a technical standpoint he puts my videos to shame! Lots of great videos of Aussie snakes, lizards, fish etc. Greg's YouTube name is "pseudechis".

Tim, one of your videos is titled 'Gippsland Water Dragon Pt 2', however the specimen has a dark stripe behind each eye, which I'd always considered to be an Eastern Water Dragon characteristic rather than a Gippsland Water Dragon feature. What colour was his chest? Could that specimen be a hybrid?

The adult Dragons are extremely variable, and when I get time I'll upload more videos of them to show the variety. Some have the stripe and some don't. They're grey, brown or green, often with black, pink, reddish or yellow zones and markings. I've had my identification of them queried before, and since they're obviously an introduced population I certainly can't rule out a hybrid origin, but for now I'm calling them "Gippsland Water Dragons".

Whatever they are, I'm glad they're there. There's nothing like seeing a colourful, three-foot long lizard dropping from above your head into the river!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Yes indeed very nice stuff.

I spent a sunset on the King River up here watching fruit bats drinking. Came in single file and every 6th or 7th one got snapped up by a fresh water croc!

Yes indeed very nice stuff.

I spent a sunset on the King River up here watching fruit bats drinking. Came in single file and every 6th or 7th one got snapped up by a fresh water croc!

That's a great story! Of course we don't get crocs in Melbourne, which is probably one of the reasons why the bats put up with our cold weather! I can see their point of view :)

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back