Time and place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benc63

Not so new Member
Reaction score
You can search and search for those elusive herps but every now and then
you can just be in the right place at the right time.
Here is a juvenile Heath monitor (Varanus rosenbergi) emerging from its
nesting site in a termite mound.
P8270001.jpg

P8270007.jpg

Stunning monitor, love the orange. Also shedding I guess thats an added bonus. Great timing and find. Love the close up. Thanks for sharing.

That is an unreal find! Well done. Keep that termite mound a secret and you may be able to watch the same scenario unfold next year or the year after.

very nice, I remember a termite nest in a tree near me where lacies used to hatch from, one day a few kids destroyed it and took the eggs, we were given them a few days later off one of there friends, was a shame to see that happen. is that a wild adder in your avatar? I have been looking for one of them for a while, thats my "elusive" herp, what time was it found? day or night?

. is that a wild adder in your avatar? I have been looking for one of them for a while, thats my "elusive" herp, what time was it found? day or night?
That is a wild adder that had to be relocated from a driveway at night, photographed the next day and released just down the road enough to ease the residents fears.
Very hard to find during the day although commonly encountered at night in some areas.
I never get tired of finding these.

years ago i almost stepped on a wild adder, (i looked down and was maybe a foot away) it was at yagon (near seal rocks) in the late afternoon.

i had no idea what it was at teh time, just that it was stumpy with a big head and looked like it has its tail chopped off and i fet really uncomfortable standing that close

i got home a few days later and looked it up in an aussie snake book and realised just how lucky id beeen

that place had heaps of lacies too, irt wpould probably be a great spot for anyone wanting to go herping.

Great shots... like you said you can search and search and sometimes you can just be in the right spot at the right time

Except for that time early in his notoriety when Irwin got his wife stuck on a cliff-face and they both nearly fell :)

I looked twice to check it this pic was a set-up or not!

You can search and search for those elusive herps but every now and then
you can just be in the right place at the right time.
Here is a juvenile Heath monitor (Varanus rosenbergi) emerging from its
nesting site in a termite mound.
P8270001.jpg

P8270007.jpg

you get a few heath monitors around your way, i see your from monavale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back