Time for a new product - Perch Holders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virides

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Not a new thing, but we want to address these with more industry friendly design.

Tell me what you want in a perch holder. What issue do you currently have with how you suspend perches etc?

Something that could be adhered to glass would be handy. Obviously can’t drill anything in to glass so...
And following, something that could be removed with relative ease would also be good. Siliconing things in is currently my go-to method but unfortunately it’s a pain to remove if I want to change things up.

Definitely something I’d be interested in as it’s hard to find branches with the desired angles and what not

Something handy would be to have 2 designs, one for glass, somesort of sticky material although sticky stuff isn’t the best with reptiles

And one for wooden enclosures that can have a few drill holes to give support

Possibly both in one? Give people the option

What would the heaviest a perch would be? Also how heavy can a snake be that would use a perch? Want to get an idea of the load rating I need to work around.

The metal perch brackets in the first photo are used in aviaries with large parrots and easily support 2.4 m long hardwood perches up to 100 mm thick, the larger version supports 200 mm perches but has to be screwed or riveted to the wall. The parrots chew them up regularly so they are good for easy replacement. I used the same aviaries and perches with large diamond pythons for years with no problems.

IMG_0206.jpg IMG_3212.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back