Time has come

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So the time has come for me to either retire or pass on the forum to some other enthusiast who wishes to see its legacy continued.

Unfortunately the day to day has got to a point that I cannot dedicate the time to the forum it needs from a maintenance and improve perspective and if this forum is to stay with the times, it needs someone who can dedicate the time needed.

Anyone interested in taking over from me, please PM me. I'll be honest, I won't hand over the forum to the first person who messages as I want to make sure it's to someone who has the forum and it's members interests in heart.

Stu

Well, the site doesn't have to shut up shop but yeah, running costs aren't going away.

Back in the old days of Sponsors and Subscribers this wasn't an issue. How many members would be willing to donate say $25/year to keep the site running?

Well, the site doesn't have to shut up shop but yeah, running costs aren't going away.

Back in the old days of Sponsors and Subscribers this wasn't an issue. How many members would be willing to donate say $25/year to keep the site running?
I will

Im sure some people would be willing to pay for “pinned” sale section posts or advertising banners or other incentives (ideas?)

Last edited:

Hi, I will be very happy to donate if it helps keep the forum running, too many have already closed, most of the info they contained is lost forever, these days Facebook groups rule (unfortunately in my opinion)… So how do I donate?

I agree, I tried to find a section to pay awhile ago and couldn't, I am not sure when it changed, but am happy to chip in also for the access to knowledge on here.

Same here, I'd happily contribute. Stu, please post details on how to pay a subscription or make a donation.

Same here. Would prefer a subscription arrangement myself - donations would probably be an iffy situation from an admin point of view, plus we users would know we're in it together.

But either way, I am happy to contribute. I would hate to see the forum die.

I ran a busy forum which for years had more traffic than APS currently does, and the cash expenses were very low. The big expense was the time required to manage it. If you're paying for a technical guy to manage that side of things then yeah, it's going to cost a fortune, but if you have someone willing to do that work as a volunteer (which I had) and someone willing and able to manage the site structure, members, moderators, etc (which I did) the only costs are hosting and domain registration (which I paid, I can't remember how much it was but it was little enough that I just paid out of my own pocket and didn't accept or want donations). For a while I put ads up which every month paid multiples of the yearly cost, but I was using the forum as much as anyone and I don't like ads so I took them down. Maybe the economics of forums have changed in the last six years or maybe APS has some different issues I'm not seeing, but it seems to have an active enough community to be viable.

I really wouldn't like to see this forum close; it's the last online Australian herp chat group off Facebook and I think it's valuable to our community.

Latest posts

Back