Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
god dammm i dont know much about frogs but maybe shes alittle over weight too many roaches for that girl

if they had the biggestloser for frogs id be entering them in it they are huge fat lol dont cut it they are obese

looks like those tree frogs havent seen a tree in a long time :wink:

just took these two pics for comparison,
the lighter green fatter one is the new female,,the darker leaner one is my 12 y/o male..if hes anything like me he likes a girl with meat on her bones :)

Nice pics sssnakeman! They do look a little on the healthy side :lol: Most of the ones i have seen are definately not that big. You just got lucky i think! :wink:

Although I have no experience with frogs, I'd say that the females have obvious large fat deposits and are over weight. I know it's probably better for breeding females to be a little 'chubsy' but I'm sure when you get them on a feeding routine the same as your 'fit' male they should get back to a normal weight.
Plus maybe they never got any room to move around at their previous house? I doubt frogs do all that much moving in general but perhaps you giving them more things to climb in might make a difference?

Oh, they're all totally cute btw. Do you have pics of your setup? I've always wanted frogs but I'm too lazy for aquatic animals. :roll:

I think they are cute frogs...festively plump or undernourished...shouldnt matter! :)

That's such a more simple set-up than I thought was needed! Naww they're so adorable! :D
How do you regulate humidity?

one question....what is the average life span of a green tree frog?

Yes they are to fat (the females), a lot of people feed there frogs heaps of pinkies, this is only okay as a treat because they contain too much fat and aren't really a part of the frogs natural prey, crickets are probably the best food to reduce there size a bit. Obese reptiles (and probably frogs) don't tend to live as long as those that are average weight. However I have no evidence this is JMO.
And nice set up you got there, the fish look great.
Jordo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back