To worry or not to worry??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack92

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Had my Jungle/Diamond Python on a weekly feeding routine which is 1 Fuzzy each week for about 5 weeks now. Last Tuesday I tried to up his feed to a small Hopper, but he wanted no bar of it. The next day I tried a fuzzy again and still no bar, then the next day I tried again and nothing. I'm just wondering if because its winter, he has just gone off food for a bit? My Breeder told me that all of his go off food during parts of winter as well. He also shed Monday last week, so I'm thinking that could have something to do with it also.
I just wanna know he is okay lol

coming up to shedding would've had everything to do with it lol, try him again with what you had been feeding him :) and then next time give him two fuzzies :)

He shed fully in one go on Monday night, so I don't know why he doesn't want to eat. His temps are fine etc, so yeah maybe he is just not ready yet. How would I go about giving him two fuzzies, just put one in after the other?

Yep, does he strike and constrict or is he shy and likes to eat while your not looking lol? With mine ,a six year old jungle I give him one and wait till he has finished pushing it down far enough then offer the other rat, he never refuses,an 18 month old jungle same thing with fuzzies and a 8 month old, she was shy till the last shed and wouldnt strike and constrict, I put the pinkie in with her, and she would eat it as soon as the lid was back on and I was gone, this last time she went without food for two weeks, I offered her a pinkie about three hours after she'd shed and she struck, finally, will now leave her for 10 days and offer her two at the same feeding and continue on like that till she's big enough to have bigger food items :)

You have a Jungle x Diamond? Can you post a pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back