Toads.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua VW

Reaction score
I quite like capturing toads at night and playing golf with them. But I've been wondering, everyone knows they have poison glands but has anyone here ever been squirted. I haven't so I was wondering if toads do use poison on people.

I think hitting them with a golf stick that you would be far enough away from the glands. I did whack one with a machette one night and got sqirted with the pioson but I was fairly close to it as a machette isn't a metre plus long. Now I just use a squirt of Detol and it works a treat, you just pick up the dead ones the next day. Not as much fun though:).

Yes, you can end uo with Bufotoxin in your eyes / mouth if you treat them like that, and yes, you can end up in a lot of pain in Hospital.

Yes that was long time ago, and I was very fortunate enough only to get on the upper part of my arm, so all that was needed was a good wash and a shower (things you do when you are a teenager), lesson learnt:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back