Today is my last day!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aoife

Reaction score
YAY!!!!

Well, today is my last day of work for the rest of the year!! yahoo!! as i'm due to have a baby on August 6th. I"m really excited to finally have some time to myself but have a feeling i will get bored & lonely quite quickly. At least hubby is taking a couple of weeks off when the baby comes to spend time with us :D

Hope this baby comes early!!

Congrats hun!
i remember when i was counting down the days til i got to meet my lil man
enjoy the sleep while u can :)
u dont have time to be bored and lonely when bubs comes along anyway lol
xxx

thanks lana, how's your little one going?
I have decided i'm only getting out of bed to go to the loo , shower & get food then back to bed to munch & watch dvd's all day. haha.

Time

So I guess that means you'll be on APS, Facebook etc a lot more, then again with little ones you'll hardly have enough time.

Hope it all goes well. Will you be taking the advice of that male midwife in the UK? Found his comments a bit off. My wife wants to slap him.

Good luck....a very exciting time in your lives.....sleep lots, don't answer the door, or the phone...spoil yourself. Talk to your baby all the time, especially when it moves a lot...tell him/her mummy and daddy are anxiously waiting for him/her. This can be an extra special time of special bonding for you and bub before he/she is born. Enjoy every moment. My "baby" is almost 35 and I still remember the job of feeling my babes move inside me....a precious, precious time.

Huggles, Annie

Everyone's right, you won't have time to get lonely or bored. The first 6 months went so fast, just a blur of nappies, feeds and baby nursery rhymes. I was single from the start, living alone, and still never became bored or lonely. Had no computer either, so you don't have to worry about that. From 6 months we joined a couple of groups, we had a mother's group morning tea once a week, Australian Breastfeeding Association meetings or coffee mornings once a week, a baby music group once a week, and caught up visiting with friends at other times.

You might be able to take up a hobby if you like! I took up scrapbooking and began studying, but that's after my daughter was a year old as there just wasn't enough time before that for anything but spending time with the baby. Washing, washing, washing, folding nappies, changing nappies, the time will just fly right by!

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy, and I hope the birth goes well, too.

thanks everyone for the well wishes! no doubt i will be on here a lot more, haha!

Pfft, i started to go loopy after the first week off work. Mind you im a fidget. And even now that bub is 6 weeks old or something, i drag the poor bugger across town with me cos i just cant stare at these loungeroom walls any longer.. My house is a dump with baby crap everywhere, but the cleaning bug vanished long ago :D

thanks lana, how's your little one going?
I have decided i'm only getting out of bed to go to the loo , shower & get food then back to bed to munch & watch dvd's all day. haha.

well its been an interesting month for me thats for sure, he is 1 month old tommorow, and today we have started bottle feeding him a lactose free formula, he has spent the whole month screaming in pain pretty much and its been stressful! its not reflux or anything we have tried all things possible, so many people think he is lactose intollerant so its worth a try, so far he has been quiet most of the day too so im hoping its helping his tummy!
alot of kids grow out of it tho so it doesnt mean he is always going to be bottle fed
i am going into a special place with him next wk where paediatricians etc will asses him etc for a few days around the clock
he is bloody huge tho, over 5kgs already hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back