Toddler Survives Lethal Snake Bite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my way home from work the other day and saw a bobtail crossing road so i pulled the bike over watched a dozen cars narrowly miss it and then made my way towards it i stopped and waited for one more car hoping for the best only to watch the idiot deliberately swerve and kill it
IDIOT

Should have waited for the last car with a brick in hand, but I suppose that would make us just as bad. Poor bobtail.:(

The problem I find with the media in these sorts of reports is that they'll print all the hype and innuendo surrounding snake bite, but then fail to back the article up with the facts on what should be done if something like this eventuates. Its no wonder the general public has little idea about the protocol!

How hard would it be for the journo to show a little bit of common sense and self initiative and actually explain “again” what should be done in case of a snake bite??? Could that possibly hurt in typing up and extra paragraph or would that get in the way of a good hyped-up story??? I mean, it’s not as if we live in a country surrounded by the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world, with most of those living on our doorsteps in suburbia! People are ignorant when it comes to this sort of thing! They like to pretend these things don’t exist and hope to god they just disappear! Surely it’s the medias responsibility to drive the message home and help save lives!

I might put this in the rant thread! :lol:

how does a dead snake in a jar help anybody determine if envenomation has taken place? If it had been a python the child would still have been kept for observation and a bite site swab etc. done, they would hardly base the treatment regime on what was in the jar.
Crazy

I understand what you are saying but in years gone by even first aid manuals etc said a positive I.D. would be very helpful in case of snake bite, you can not say the persons actions are crazy when to the best of there knowledge they were doing what was necessary to assure the child received the fastest and best treatment possible. Maybe if reporters added a few sentences in regards to proper treatment people would slowly become better educated. Maybe they should make basic first aid a school subject then some people wouldn't needlessly put themselves at further risk.

the major issue is how did the child care workers not notice the snake in the first place? arent they ment to be superviseing the children at all times. and if they failed to do this then the center is clearly inadequately staffed. Its common knowledge that it only take a second of lapsed attention and a child WILL get itself in trouble, so in the case of child care centers they should be adequatley staffed that not even a second occurs when the children are not being watched.

the major issue is how did the child care workers not notice the snake in the first place? arent they ment to be superviseing the children at all times. and if they failed to do this then the center is clearly inadequately staffed. Its common knowledge that it only take a second of lapsed attention and a child WILL get itself in trouble, so in the case of child care centers they should be adequatley staffed that not even a second occurs when the children are not being watched.

pic of the snake was in papers over here it was tiny could quite easiuly slithered in unnoticed just an unfortunate accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back