Toilet guest...

Discussion in 'Other Australian Reptiles and Amphibians' started by Xanthine, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanthine

Xanthine Not so new Member

So today a, urm, guest was found in the toilet. I managed to fish out the owner from under the rim. At first I thought it would be a cane toad, but it looked more like a large green tree frog, but brown. About 100 mm long, uniform light brown colour, no warts, no ridges above the eyes. Any ideas what it was? It escaped down the toilet to, I hope, how it got in.

2. CameronWright

CameronWright Active Member

Green tree frogs can actually go quiet brown not sure if its a juvi thing or what though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Xanthine

Xanthine Not so new Member

It really was quite large. Also, I'm in the Ipswich region if that makes a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

It really was quite large. Also, I'm in the Ipswich region if that makes a difference.

4. Bluetongue1

Bluetongue1 Guest

I was just about to say that at 100 mm that is a big frog. Really, only Litoria caerulea fits the bill. Being in Ipswich does not really change that. They naturally vary in colour and while most are an olive green colour, they can also occur as olive brown. They also change colour according to the background, temperature, lighting and if stressed. Here is an article of some brown ones that occur on magnetic island…
    Litoria caerulea- Green treefrog - Magnetic Island Frogs

Blue

5. Jazzz

Jazzz Well-Known Member

View attachment 278033

heres one of my green tree frogs. He can go from bright green to maroon/brown while my other 3 have more limited spectrum of colour, from light green to a dark green.

6. rvcasa

rvcasa Well-Known Member

In Ipwsich?
    100 mm?

Must be defo a GTF!
    (I'm not that far)

Mine goes dull green/brown when he's not so exposed to UV light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.