Tonights Herping. Thick Tail and ID frog/toad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snakes123 Do you find any/many Diplodactylus vittatus where you find these guys?
Am going back a lot of years, but from memory, around Sydney I would find D. vittatus more in woodland and dry sclerophyll forest that was fairly open, with some reasonable sized rock shelves or piles open to sunlight. Thick Tails tended to be more in the moister, more heavily forested areas – often half way down a gully. It has been a long time so don’t quote me on that. Lol.

Blue

Am going back a lot of years, but from memory, around Sydney I would find D. vittatus more in woodland and dry sclerophyll forest that was fairly open, with some reasonable sized rock shelves or piles open to sunlight. Thick Tails tended to be more in the moister, more heavily forested areas – often half way down a gully. It has been a long time so don’t quote me on that. Lol.

Thanks Blue. I was more curious as the only places I know these species from around Sydney are places where both occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back