Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well the title isn't quite true, 1 from tonight, 1 from last monday night. Wont post any other pics as iv posted all the same species enough times.
Tonght was one of the coldest crap nights we have had in a long time, yet i found my target species, a Bandy Bandy, yes, I know they are common, but it has taken me until now lol
Also, a Rough Scaled Snake, another new one.

Was a very large Bandy
Picture064.jpg

Picture059.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Rough Scaled Snake (was very hard to photograph! Wouldn't sit still)
Picture066.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Hey mate,

Be careful with those Roughies. A lot of people underestimate what they are capable of.

Good work - the herping is only going to get better in the next month or so!

can you keep bandy bandies ive never heard of it but im still realatively new to herping (2 years now) but i assume you cant

DAN THE MAN great pics there love the bandy bandy and you sure got a great pic of a "definate keelback";););)ok ok couldnt resist:lol::lol:

Nice finds, Dan. They both are very interesting species.

Regards,
David

That's what I thought when I saw it from a distance!
But I was just as happy with a Bandy, can finally cross it off the list.
13 down, 5 to go, all rare but 1.

what species you got left, the only local species I gotta find is a live roughie, a stephens (thought I saw one a few weeks ago when we were driving, couldnt stop as it was a dangerous spot to stop but wasnt 100% sure) and I gotta find a red naped, and a bts, think thats it

Ah red naped! That's another.
Jonno, the rare ones I want to find may take me a while, yet it might not! I hope...

To Find: (either here on the coast or at least SEQ) Editing as I realize there is more.
1. Taipan
2. Black Whip
3. Adder (found a road kill)
4. Dwarf Crowned, shouldn't take long
5. Although I have seen a Tiger, It was very brief and didn't get a chance to photograph it, so Tigers still on the list.
6. Marsh Snake
7. Pale Headed

Have you had any luck with any of these Jonno?
I went on a mission on Monday from here down to Mount Glorious, searching through Mount Mee, Dayboro etc. But no luck obviously.
Left at 12pm, arrived home at 12am lol, unfortunatley it was the coldest night we have had in a while and didnt see anything night herping.

There may be more but that's all I'm really interested in.

The 14 (I forgot one in my last post) I have found here on the Sunshine Coast, not including blind snakes lol:
1. Stephens Banded
2. Tiger
2. Red Belly
4. Brown
5. Keelback
6. Green Tree
7. Brown Tree
8. Yellow-Faced Whip
9. Rough Scaled
10. Bandy Bandy
11. White Crowned
12. Golden Crowned
13. Small Eyed
14. Carpet

Ill edit it and add to it if I have forgotten any...
Dont think I have though.

Last edited:
any pics of the road killed adder? they are hard to find IMO I have been looking in habitat I know they have been found in, still no luck, the habitat varied within the area, includes swamp, heathland, rainforest and coastal dunes. a mate of mine has seen one before, and someone else I know let a few hatcho death adders go there. I have tried raking and flipping stuff, no luck all I turned up is red bellys, yellow faced whip snakes, green tree snake, small eyeds, marsh snakes, blind snakes, dwarf crowned snake, brown snake and a few blueys, jacky dragons and lacies and ctenotus robusta, calyptotis ruficauda, saiphos equalis and delicate garden skinks

Ah red naped! That's another.
Jonno, the rare ones I want to find may take me a while, yet it might not! I hope...

To Find: (either here on the coast or at least SEQ) Editing as I realize there is more.
1. Taipan
2. Black Whip
3. Adder (found a road kill)
4. Dwarf Crowned, shouldn't take long
5. Although I have seen a Tiger, It was very brief and didn't get a chance to photograph it, so Tigers still on the list.
6. Marsh Snake
7. Pale Headed

Have you had any luck with any of these Jonno?
I went on a mission on Monday from here down to Mount Glorious, searching through Mount Mee, Dayboro etc. But no luck obviously.
Left at 12pm, arrived home at 12am lol, unfortunatley it was the coldest night we have had in a while and didnt see anything night herping.

There may be more but that's all I'm really interested in.

The 14 (I forgot one in my last post) I have found here on the Sunshine Coast, not including blind snakes lol:
1. Stephens Banded
2. Tiger
2. Red Belly
4. Brown
5. Keelback
6. Green Tree
7. Brown Tree
8. Yellow-Faced Whip
9. Rough Scaled
10. Bandy Bandy
11. White Crowned
12. Golden Crowned
13. Small Eyed
14. Carpet

Ill edit it and add to it if I have forgotten any...
Dont think I have though.

G'day mate,

Taipans are just one of those things. I have searched high and low for them, I have spoken to many old herpers who have found them locally...they really are my worst enemy. They are here, no doubt about it...I have photo's, I've had stories of them, I almost had one on a call out...it's a combination of being in the right place, at the right time and being incredibly lucky.

Black Whips are around the area where you probably saw that Tiger Snake.

Adders are fairly common. We've had several this year.

Dwarf Crowned are one of those things that just pop up every now and then when you least expect it.

Tigers are in and around the zoo, as you would know.

Marsh Snakes are everywhere, very surprised you haven't seen one.

Pale Headeds around this way are pretty rare. Better chance of seeing those on the western side of the GDR.

Good luck, and don't go making any silly YouTube video's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back