Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bundy

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what are the top 10 deadliest snake within australia?

followed by king brown, taipan (coastal), tiger snakes in some order, then death adder and western brown.

pretty sure the kingy isnt second think it is the eastern brown

yeah sorry, i meant eastern brown.. that was my bad... i knew it was brown, but i didn't have my poster in front of me - which if anyone wants I have 5 spares... you pay the frieght I will send it... But I think I will find it is eastern brown on it... Sorry to put you all wrong :) Although king brown does sound way worse!

Not sure of order..

1. Taipan
2. Eastern Brown

Then, Tiger snake, Death Adder, Rough Scaled, Copperhead, and some western browns..

i dont think rbbs are in the top ten...
cheers
brad

sorry but i dont think they are. think they are like 17 or something

sorry 48th including sea snakes.

sorry but i dont think they are. think they are like 17 or something

that sounds about rite :D, death adder is around number 9 i think and then the copperhead at number 10 (not 100 % sure)
cheers
brad

Oh and also, I saw an inland taipan on the road coming home from work one night. It was'nt there the next day so it must have made it, or the Eagles got it...

Most deadly or most venomous?

There is a differance

donk

Try googling "most venomous snakes" you get several sites that list them according to their LD50. Probably more accurate than a bunch of people guessing (no offence).
Plus different snakes produce and inject differing amounts of venom so there will always be conflicting views, LD50 is the most accurate method to go by imo.

yeah sorry, i meant eastern brown.. that was my bad... i knew it was brown, but i didn't have my poster in front of me - which if anyone wants I have 5 spares... you pay the frieght I will send it... But I think I will find it is eastern brown on it... Sorry to put you all wrong :) Although king brown does sound way worse!

can i get one of those posters please mate???????

cheers
hobbo.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back