Toys For A Lace Monitor?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGaytime404

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Not for me, but a friend of mine wants to get some enrichment toys for their lace monitor. Any suggestions?

I thought some kind of hollow hard plastic ball that some food can be put in , would have to be too big for the reptile to swallow whole and strong enough to withstand being crushed by the reptile's jaws.

Maybe another lacie ? …. can they be safely housed together ?

Last edited:
Maybe have like a pull toy. Tie some rope to a big log and have a big stick on the end or a big piece of plastic. Extra extra large kong should be good. Put peices of meat in it. Look at foraging toys for macaws. They are very intelligent so they would easily be able to us their claws and tongue to get the pieces of meat out. Good luck.

What's a kong?
[doublepost=1559294515,1559293450][/doublepost]
Maybe another lacie ? …. can they be safely housed together ?
Yes, I have a pair in an outdoor enclosure that's quite large (12x12x8' high) they have hollow logs, big branches, plants, a pond to swim in and parrot boxes to sleep in.They seem happy enough but new toys wouldn't hurt.

A kong is a chew toy originally made for dogs and they come in different colours depending on the hardness. Blue + Pink for small dogs/puppies, Red for medium sized sized dogs and Black is for large dogs and extreme chewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back