Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alialiali

Reaction score
Just found this little one bout 3 ft in the yard is it a tree snake or a whip snake??

Attachments

• whip.jpg
    whip.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 784
  • whip 2.jpg
    whip 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 938
Green Tree Snake aren't harmless, they have neurotoxins in their saliva, they inject it by chewing into there prey when feeding. But to us there harmless.
Thanks Tim.

This is absolutley wrong and old dogma.

Test show they have Zero neurotoxins, they swallow prey alive, and cant inject any neurotoxins (expecially as they have none). Prey seem to die from a lack of oxygen.
This is further confirmed when snakess have been caught, and the contents of their guts explored, and live prey comes out.
In fact my Green tree snales teeth dont even penetrate my preys skin, let alone "inject" anything while chewing.

I repeat, there are ZERO neurotoxins.
This is what makes them harmless.
Dont fall for the story of neurotoxins.

Test show they have Zero neurotoxins, they swallow prey alive, and cant inject any neurotoxins (expecially as they have none). Prey seem to die from a lack of oxygen.
This is further confirmed when snakess have been caught, and the contents of their guts explored, and live prey comes out.
In fact my Green tree snales teeth dont even penetrate my preys skin, let alone "inject" anything while chewing.

Do you have the test papers?
Thanks Tim.

HI all,

Do not kid yourself, there are certainly toxins being produced by Dendrelaphis, most readily apparent are anti coagulants, If ever see one prey on a live item, watch the amount of blood that is lost....

Secondly, the argument that snakes have regurgitated live prey so therefore they are not venomous....

I have picked Copperheads, Red Bellies and Tigers and had them regurg live and healthy prey items

The effect of the toxins or repeated exposure to a toxin that is produced by green tree snakes is unknown, its better to err on the side of caution and leave them alone in the wild and handle with caution in captivity.

Cheers,
Scott

How many threads do you need to repeat this rubbish in? It was an old uninformed idea that they were non-venmous not the other way around. You have no idea what you are talking about, so dont try and make it sound like there is some sort of science behind what you are saying.

I would be interested in seeing a paper from either side.

your all wrong anyways so stop arguing, its clearly a whip snake.

donks

Not sure about posting from over sites. I'm sure a moderator will remove or do something if need be, but this is a link to such a discussion someone had with Dr Bryan Fry. That's enough evidence for me to say "yep, green tree snakes do produce venom". Good call, I've learnt something new today ;)

Venomdoc Forums :: View topic - dendrelaphis invenomation

imm yet to be convinced they are venomous...

would it not be easy to do an autopsy on one to find a venom gland? I thought in order to be venomous, venom must be produced in a gland..

imm yet to be convinced they are venomous...

would it not be easy to do an autopsy on one to find a venom gland? I thought in order to be venomous, venom must be produced in a gland..

If you click on the link you will see that Dr Fry estimates that the venom gland of a 2 meter specimen would be around 25mm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back