Tri-striped Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres some really nice looking Darwins around and those couple you posted the other Day Corey are amazing.IMO they are a very underated python,either way if they were a $50 python i would still own some.I had a very large male a few years back that was Satan at feed time however one of the most placid.A nice stripey looking one with alot of orange would look stunning,fingers crossed Corey and all the best...

Thanks Mark. I totally agree. Darwins are my favourite and have such variety and potential.

Awesome , Hope you get some Tri stripes!!

Thanks Scleropages. I do too ;)

View attachment 188661View attachment 188655View attachment 188654View attachment 188650
Here are a few different albino darwins (pure variegata).....have others and some het albino's also.....Don't have decent pic's of all of the (found these easily though), some are the result of line breeding (sibling to sibling) to stabilise the stripe.......others were produced from unrelated animals which only exhibited partial striping or reduced patterns.......We have a few different projects we are working with amongst the albino darwins......i'll search for some more pictures....

As Kupper said the links don't work. I'd love to see them. I am heading in the other direction and trying to go for colour and pattern in normals (non-albinos). Most of my stripeys are hets or poss hets so I'll more than likely get some albinos while working on the project. It's nice to hear about other peoples projects.

Darwins are one of my favorite pythons, I love the reds and oranges! Definitely an underrated snake.... Good luck with the stripage!

Update

Hi all,

I just thought I'd put an update to this thread. I only have one half decent pairing this year and another pair where the sire is striped, the mother isn't but she has produced striped offspring in the past. Unfortunatley my Darwins with the most potential weren't big enough to breed this year. My nicest one suffers from supermodel complex (looks beautiful, but doesn't eat much). She is 3 years old but is the size of a yearling. However, she has recently started to eat again so I am hoping to get some size on her and try and breed her in a couple of years.

Anyway, back to the pairing that I have this year. As luck would have it they are the exact pair that I have in the pics of in this thread. I have observed them copulating the last two days. So even though it isn't my ideal pairing I have my fingers crossed that I can produce some tri-striped Darwins. You just never know.

I will keep updating this thread as things progress.

Corey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back