Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great pics, always look forward to your posts.

the scorpion is a liocheles sp. , a type of rainforest scorpion. dont know wich type though.

im new to the invert hobby and dont know much about tarantulas but this tarantula is probs a type of selenotypus, also do not know wich type. are there any tarantula people on here that could confirm that?

looks like you had a good trip, i kinda dont relise how lucky i am i guess that the iron rand is only 3 hours away from me, i could go all the time....bet you felt proud to find the green tree.

Thanks, gecko-mad, for those invert identifications.

soph, I think that you are very lucky to live in such a place. I would visit the Iron Range often. There must would be so much to see and appreciate. I bet that there are still species to be found in some of those remote areas of the park.

webb, it was a great trip!

Regards,
David

it is a beautiful place, i love it up that way, did u have a look at chilli beach to?

Fuscus, good luck with your trip!

Soph, No, I did not make it to Chilli Beach. I guess that I will have to wait until next time. We just ran out of time with only 3 days in the Iron Range.

Regards,
David

Greetings,

I received feedback about the odd gecko from the Queensland Museum and also from a field biologist with the CSIRO. Both of these guys know of the odd Gehyra from the Iron Range (and down to Cooktown). One sent me copies of his photos and it looks much like those that Nick and I found.

The thought is that the gecko would probably key to what is known as G. dubia but they don't think that these really are G. dubia. The view is that Gehyra taxonomy is a mess and that the animal in my post would most likely be split into something new. It just needs someone to do a study like Horner did recently with Cryptoblepharus.

... hmmm, any grad students out there looking for a topic to study?

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back