trust me to get the snappy one

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a female Bredli also born in January (I've had her since late Feb) and she is the most gorgeous, placid snake I have ever seen. The only time she ever strikes is more as a warning than intention to bite me, she will just swing her head around with mouth open but not actually make contact. And she has only ever done this a few times anyway, it just makes her cuter! I only handle her a few times a week if that. So every snake is different, and I don't think it has anything to do with the sex. I reckon I'm just lucky.

Kazzie, when I first got my jungle she bit me a fair bit. You said you hold yours for about 10min. I used to take mine out and keep her with me for much longer - sometimes hours. Then I would put her back in her enclosure, wait five minutes, and get her out again. Holding her for long periods of time got her used to it IMO.8)

lol my apologies,, i was reading colts post about his jungle not kazzies hahaha apologies

Last edited:
Nice snake! Well not all bad you can hold yours, think you got nothing to worry about in time..

The new jungle i got 3 weeks ago strikes randomly in the air for no good reason @ me.

I think the lesson here is to handle before purchase >.<

:) Not always the case. My first snake a spotted handled beautifully on purchase and then later that night just went all serial killer. It's weird I guess. My bredli hatchy just got fiesty out of no where and it had always handled great. I left it a few days thinking he was up for a shed, and what do ya know he shed and now he's back to his good little self

In terms of hatchys i've found that tank size may help in settling. Like the spotted I mentioned earlier went from a click- clack to a 2ft enclosure. Maybe that could be a reason?

enclosure

retry getting enclosure pic the enclosure photo is side on so yer have to turn ur head lol my jungles just under 2ft and i relli whant him start eating tryid rat pinkys mice pnkys fuzzy mice
alive pinkys and rubbed chicken on pinkys nothing fases him he just does an aggro btie i leave him to eat sometimes with(dead food ofcourse nope) plz help

Attachments

• snakeonplane.jpg
    snakeonplane.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 53
not the best photo dude but yeah cant help much, does look a little skinny though when did he last eat and how old and long is it.

well honestly if it were my snake, i would get it into a smaller tank, just so i could control the temp accurately, i'd get the temp up at 32 or so to increase metabolism. give him a good secure hide and a water bowl, id use a heat lamp over a mat to get ambient temp up. give him a branch or something, and then i would place him in a very quite place. and leave him alone for the week. and then start to offer food again. possibly a fresh killed may be best.

and if all that didnt work, the next step would be getting him a check up , if everything is fine, then it is just persistence

Colt
If it has got saggy skin it possibly needs to shed so get a container and 3/4 fill it with 30c water and put the little guy in there for 15 mins and then put him back in the smaller tub with a rock or something he can rub against to get his skin off and once shed then leave him a couple of days and try feeding again.What did the breeder say that he was feeding on ??

Congo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back