TUCK TUCK TUCK, TUCK TUCK TUCK, TUCK TUCK TUCK

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
GRRRRRRR, it's that time of the year again, Bloody Asian House Geckos are driving me crazier again (notice i said crazier lol) with their insistent tuck tuck tuck outside my windows, but when i go out to try and find them no matter how quiet i am or how quickly i get the hi intensity light on i cannot find them, and now they have formed a duet of 1 outside the living room window (front of house) and 1 outside the dining room window (rear of house) and it is very hard to ignore them as they are very loud and continuous, ie if left undisturbed they will tuck tuck tuck merrily away for 2 hours sometimes and even for those who think it is a good thing to have them in the hood this will get on their last nerve. So the question i ask here today beggars is there some type of trap i can make to catch these little buggers so i can relocate them somewhere out of my earshot, i don't want to harm them all i want is to get them away from my house for a while.

ndemx0bziv-gif.322035

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling-

I had a cat in my teenage years that would scratch on the sliding glass door to be let in. The sound is exactly the same as the tuck, tuck, tuck call from the geckos. Many a time did I get up to let him in only to realise it was a damn gecko.

As for the trap, maybe a bucket with fluon/vaseline around the rim, some insects in the bottom and hope they climb/jump in there to get a feed.

Selective hearing is the answer. When I stay at my mate's place in Noosa, that's all you hear at night all night.. doesn't bother me at all... just tune it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back