Turtle eggs for a spotted python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aza9999

Reaction score
I have long-neck turtles who have laid eggs in the past couple of years and i think i should start seeing some again soon. I know some pythons will eat birds eggs, i'm wondering whether turtle eggs would be an appropriate food for a spotted python?

I’m not attacking you so please don’t take this the wrong way but why would you want to feed any animal turtle eggs and not hatch them into beautiful turtles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not attacking you so please don’t take this the wrong way but why would you want to feed any animal turtle eggs and not hatch them into beautiful turtles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its like watching a guy who owns a king cobra feed it a green tree python haha.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

I actually tried incubating them in a DIY incubator setup the first couple of years they laid with no success, I'm pretty certain they are unfertilized because I couldn't see any embryo or veins when i candled them with a torch.

I also don't really have any room or facilities to hatch and take care of young turtles so the eggs would just be going to waste at the moment so I figured my snake might as well get some benefit from them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back