Turtle prolapsed penis - graphic picture

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now all the funny stuff is out of the way, what steps have you taken in regards to treatment Allan?

Now all the funny stuff is out of the way, what steps have you taken in regards to treatment Allan?

That afternoon David Vella anaesthatised Doris and performed delicate surgery on him, putting the penis back in and putting a stitch in the cloaca so it won't happen again.
Doris spent the next day dry docked and as the water and air temperature outside (in Sydney) is cold, Doris was then placed in a heated tank inside to recover, which he has done really well.

Ummm first part of the post ;)

It's all fixed up, as per original post, he was taken to David Vella the vet that day where he was operated on. The next day I brought him home, kept him quiet and warmly drydocked for a day, then the next day put him in a 4 foot tank heated to his optimal temperature in order to hasten recovery. He is now fully recovered, active and eating well. It would be too detrimental to him to put him back outside in the cold now, so he will stay indoors until about October.
Allan

Seriously, it's great he's doing well. Best of luck with him.

Anyway, back to the silly posts: did he have any problems staying afloat with all that gear weighing him down? :p

What the???

OMG!!!! HOLY COW!:shock:
That is HUGE!, I had no idea turtles were hung like that!!, i am shocked!:shock:

Glad to hear he is recovering and doing well, . :)

Ummm first part of the post ;)

Thanks allan,
Thanks MM, I missed that. I was only asking so David could get another plug;)
I have a special interest in Doris and when it said prolapse I had an inkling it was him.

what has?? ewwwwww!

NO!!! dont go there!!! that is somewhere we dont need to go, I think everones startin to step over the line here.....In a funny but seriously messed up way

This is what the threads have come to.....talkin about a turtles tackle....oh god..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back