two diamonds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_man

Reaction score
i would like to house two diamonds in an enclosure inside. the enclosure would be not very long... four foot... but it would be at least three foot hight and two point five deep.
would this be any good if not please say so because i would not like to start building it if this is not good.

thanks alot

IMO you'd want to keep opposite sexes housed seperately.But if you intend to keep them housed together year round then that enclosure would be ok,even though I would go larger. (BUT you must seperate at feeding time as they would be pretty confined in such a small area).

Size of enclosure would be ok, my enclosure that I just purchased is about the same size and I intend to house two Diamonds in it.
But of course the bigger the better and seeing you are making your own, don?t hold back, unless space is a problem.

well i have decided not to go for them two diamonds at $500 cos yeah it does sound a bit sus. but i will find out if they are proven breeders, if so i might change my mind agian :? any way if i don't get them i will house my two carpets in that cage.

thanks

Carpets (Coastals) get a bit bigger than Diamonds, but will be more suited to your climate up there. :)

To my knowledge Diamonds are the only python species in which the males do not fight during breeding season, so the only problem would be during feeding time. The elclousre seems a little small (4x3x3 for an adult seems to be a good size) and I've read somewhere that if you add another adult you need to increase the dimensions by half.

But still have a look into it.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back