Two heads are better than one

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published On: 10-19-2009
Source: Fraser Coast Chronicle

WEBrept17g_t325.jpg

A TWO-HEADED snake was on display for the first time at an Ipswich reptile festival at the weekend as hundreds of families flocked to the showgrounds.

The two-headed spider children's python as well as a conjoined turtle were the star attractions at the inaugural Scales and Tails Australia Reptile Festival in Ipswich.

Snake farmer Warwick Denshire said the conjoined snake was very unusual and the first of its kind he had seen survive.

Go to Original Article

I think you will find they are Bob Irwin's hands ....so explains why they look like that after 50 odd years grappling crocs and other reps and animals ;)

Will be interesting to see this snake as a full grown one ..if it lives to be an adult ...

hopefully it does :D though lucky it's an Ant. cause could you imagine a full grown two headed carpet? o_O

How do they go about feeding it? do they give it 2 small feeds? one for each head.
as I would assume it would have the 1 stomach?

yes in the article it says it says both heads get a small feed each.
It really interesting , i would like to see it in person!

Yeah, why feed both heads if only one stomach? I can only imagine it's so the two heads don't fight over the food? Imagine a snake attacking & eating itself.....over food......or worse, what if it regurgitates? Which mouth will it come out of? Imagine spewing up what someone else ate ewwwwww haha ;)

yer he so great and the two headed turtle here are my pics of them. dont think i would like to be bitten twice at once by the same animal so which head do we watch for.

yer he so great and the two headed turtle here are my pics of them. dont think i would like to be bitten twice at once by the same animal so which head do we watch for.

I wonder which brain decides which way to move? What happens if the brains decide to go opposite ways? or do they co-operate with each other?

i have pics of the snake heads in either direction. was wondering that myself and how they sort it out maybe by which head bites the hardest LOL

They had a two headed snake when I went to san diego zoo. It is crazy to see if in person!

brian over at BHB reptiles had a two headed snake born not long ago, it died though yesterday or the day before. This is pretty cool though !

Should of been put down at birth.

At what point do you decide to euthanise unaverage animals. Should you euthanise animals which appear too short; too long; different colour; albino; stripes; or the many other departures from the norm which appear when you produce large numbers of offspring.

At what point do you decide to euthanise unaverage animals. Should you euthanise animals which appear too short; too long; different colour; albino; stripes; or the many other departures from the norm which appear when you produce large numbers of offspring.

Exactly, In one way it is just a mutation offering variety among the population.

Your kidding are'nt you ??
How can you compare colour mutations to a deformed animal ??
Does'nt belong to you does it ??

Now what we should really be focusing on is breeding two headed tiger snakes.

From what I've read its happened alot all over the world and generally I don't think they end up surviving. Letting an expert study the mutation so we get a better understanding whats going on and how it all really works, might be an idea?

Definately interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back