Tympanocryptis diemensis (Mountain Dragon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J3D72

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all im in the process of getting a mountain Dragon.
I have my permit, tank, uv light, heat rock & heat mat. so all i need now is a thermostat and the lizard its self.
does any one else keep these ?
what would be best for there enclosure floor?
what would be the best temperature to keep them happy?
any info would be very helpful thanks

Ok today I got a Mt Dragon ive named him D-fa (thats D for dragon) so heres a few photos

D-fa001.jpg

whatyoulookingat.jpg

chewingacricket.jpg

eatingagrub.jpg

Hey mate I live in Tassie and keep mountain dragons myself, I have 5 of them. Ok what size is your tank?.. and a heat rock and heat mat are not that good at keeping the dragons warm enough.. I have used a heat rock and it was not hot enough so I went for a heat light lamp, much better in keeping them warm enough.. Heat light is the best way for heat.. So in the tank you need to have one end for the heat light and the other end without any heat source so they can thermo-regulate... I use Sand for their substrate, the same sand as where I got my dragons from. In there tank you have to replicate there natural environment, with same substrate and same kind of plants. I use 2 thermometers to watch the hot end under the heat light and the cool end.. I never let the hot end get over bout 26*. With the mountain dragons you can tell if there warm enough as they will go a real dark colour if there cold and will be there normal colour when there warm enough. And just remember to replicate there natural environment, to do have days where I don’t use the heat light or uv light, as not all days a hot and sunny. Hope this helped, please PM if you have any other questions.
Cheers

He is in a 3 foor by 2 foot tank it has uv b light for now which gets one side up to 25 or 26 c so might need a heater for winter. he has two hear rocks and a heat mat the mat is not turned on as it gets the temp over 26 which ive read is not comftable for them I have sand from k n d that you use for under pavers simular to the enviroment where there found i have a thermometer which gives a reading at both ends of the tank also have bark and some rocks n hiding places but he just seems to want to look out at me at the moment. he has eaten 1 meal worm and about 6 crickets. do they know when to stop eating ? :p and he has lightend up in coulor since his bean in his new home

i have kept mt dragons, infact a mt dragon was my very first dragon (his name was Hydro). i would definatly use a calcium supplement and dust his food as recomended. and give him some branches to climb on

donks

hey guys could be moving to tassie soon where do you guys get all your tanks heating etc i have read about the licensing and everything hoping to get some blueys there and some mountain dragons and some different frogs anything would help CHEERS

my local pet shop sells tanks and terrariums and most the stuff. I got some stuff off Ebay like my light which was a bargain. theres also some other shops online.

yea 1st time iv seen them lol might have to put that on my list for next yr.... damn list seems too keep growing lol

I thought it was just Tas Vic Nsw ahh well
heres some close ups
IMG_8665cos.jpg

IMG_8665cos1.jpg

just another photo I now have a pair of dragons and there doing really well
IMG_8801s.jpg

well the male has grown a bit and shedded his skin the female hasnt changed much just a bit more personality then what she had at first. so there getting along really well. there very curious creatures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back