Tympanocryptis diemensis (Mountain Dragon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.so to name one flash gordon woiuld be fine then..lol.do they slow down any when they get older?my beardie has definatly taken to the whole human handling thing,he will spend the whole day hanging aroung with me if i let him,and he tries to sleep with the dogs in front of the heater at night.

No no no,you're meant to be educating me.not the other way round.....hahahahahahaha.dragons are just so fugly and cute at the same time.

Can anyone tell me whether there are breeders in Tassie for Lizards (particularly Mountain Dragons) please?

cheers,

Its illegal to sell reptiles in Tasmania. you can catch your reptiles from the wild or have one donated to you. Some people do breed in captivity and donate them to friends or swap them for others.

nope only nsw, vic, tas, sa and wa get these naturally, we can keep them here though if thats what you meant

The genus is monotypic and occurs only in NSW, Vic and Tas. They are aewsome little dragons although they are ugly down in Tas, up here in NSW the heath ones can get wicked bright red and dull blue purple colours. All yours are brown.

Sorry J3D72, I didn't mean for sale. I did mean breeding to give away or swap. Do you know of anyone? I am not comfortable with taking from the wild.

Thank you for responding so fast!

GeckPhotographer: mine are red and blue and they are the ones in the photos im also in Tasmania def not ugly
Naturellie: I have babies but they were born in the wild I think my friend has some that were born in captivity but if your not living in Tasmania then forget it as its also illegal to export and import them to and from Tassie
Tas Dragons Red and blue

View attachment 213584
Red and blue
View attachment 213585
Blue
View attachment 213586
As you can see from the photos they dont look very brown to me

Last edited:
I send you a PM

here are the photos incase the links diddnt work
IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg

287275_2316909607357_1387997314_2758793_4850010_o-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey the top and second photo one is the reddest Tassie I have seen and not even reaching the tip of the tail of the colours I have seen up here. I don't mean to offend and they certainly are not ugly, but compared to the ones I see in the wild they are very bland. That one you say is blue I would call grey and the blue I am talking about is mixed in beside the reds. Take a look at some more Tassie Mountain Dragon pics, most are brown I have actually been looking at this thread and thinking yours a the least brown I have seen.

can you show me some photos of the ones your talking about please. Ive only ever seen Tassie ones.
Ive seen one or two with more red then mine well i think but your right about the tail. id call him grey blue but not brown. I had a black one for ahwile with a grey through it Gave her to a friend

thanks wally76

Last edited:
Take a look at mine in my album I have a pic of a red red one! :D

Or not woops I will upLoad one tomorrow :)

I cant find your red one in your album :( post him up he is cool

I won't believe Tassie ones are red till I see a pic to prove it. ;P I only have a pic of a really dull one from up here. I have also seen pics of real brown ones from up here, just never seen anything but dull colours from Tassie.

I havent seen any photos of any from nsw or vic so i dont think they exist at all over there lol
how can i think theres light blue and purple ones when i havent even seen one yet please post some photos of the dragons from nsw and vic people im loosing faith here :)

oh yeah im not offended and I hope my posts dont leave that impression im not that good at communicating in text :p

yep thats one of the one or two I was referring to earlier. if thats not Red then my names not Jed :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back