types of snakes for sale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonni

Reaction score
is there an actual little non venomous snake i can own, i dont like the looks of pythons......

The legalities and regulations vary between states, but yes, you can keep a number of indigenous venomous snakes on license.

I think if your in Tassie thats all you can keep !!!!???

"non venomous" hahhahah cause i value my life :)

- - - Updated - - -

you need to atleast have some understanding of what your asking,a non venomous snake is a python,so only a rubber elapid is what you want....

You can own common tree snakes, keelbacks and slatey grey snakes. All three of these are non venomous colubrids. They are meant to be harder to own but honestly tge two keelbacks I have now are not much different to keep than pythons. As long as you do plenty of research ( like any new owner should) you will be fine with them.
Cheers Cameron

brown tree snakes. I have one and they are great mildly venomous snakes. He bites all the time at the moment but hes young, these snakes have attitude.

is there an actual little non venomous snake i can own, i dont like the looks of pythons......

Both slatey greys and keelbacks are very under rated reptiles
Beautiful animals and not difficult to keep
Golden tree snakes would be another option if you have lots of room

little whip snakes are cool little snakes and they wont cause you any harm, dont know where you would find them to buy tho, i know where plenty in the wild are.

little whip snakes are cool little snakes and they wont cause you any harm, dont know where you would find them to buy tho, i know where plenty in the wild are.

Sounds like an awesome idea for a first snake.

Big bang

A little whip snake caused the the death of a Herp in 2007

im wondering if it was a juvie brown rather then a little whip , very easily mistaken . either way it was not a great out come so i wouldn't take any chances.

Elapid

The bloke who was killed kept many species of Elapid, it was not a mistaken id

Cheers
Scott

I'd agree with baker on this. those three that he mentioned are really your only option. IMO I don't know how you can say you don't like the look of any python. They range sooo much from huge Scrubbies to tiny Pygmy Pythons. And their colour ranges from the the mottled brown look of Spotted to the black and gold jungles to the blackheads and then you got your green tree pythons which come in a huge range of colours and patterns. All have slightly different shaped bodies and heads and most are pretty good beginner snakes. So with your colubrids you really only got a choice of 3 that are legal here and with pythons you have an enormous range and lots of choice here in Aus. So no offence but I find it hard to believe that you dislike the look of every python.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you located?

Elapid

The bloke who was killed kept many species of Elapid, it was not a mistaken id

Cheers
Scott

ok i was not aware , like i said i would not take any chances of being bitten by a mildly venomous snake , there is always the chance of an allergic reaction to the venom regardless of the toxicity in which his case could have well been.

in Tasmania you can only keep 3 species of elapid... tiger snake, copperhead and white lipped all of which are venomous

All elapids are venomous, what the op needs are arafura file snakes non venomous easy to keep really cuddly and not a python

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back