Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am planning a trip to the centre and i would like to hear from members who have been to these places and can offer me some advice on what creatures i am likely to see, where and when.
Point me in the right direction because I want to take more photos than a Japanese sight-seeing tour.

flys, millions of flys, im not kidding.

You wont see any shinglebacks, espially not T.rugosa rugosa and deffinately no albonos.

Lots and lots, C.clayi, tympanocryptis tetraporophora, T.lineata centralis, Moloch horridus, Pogona vitticeps, Delma nasuta, Egernia kintorei, Egernia striata, Egernia inornata, Ring tailed dragons, Delma nasuta, Varanus gouldii flavirufus, Varanus giganteus, Ctenotus pantherinus, Diporiphora winneckei etc etc etc etc......mate there is lots out there you just got to know where to find it. good luck

And you will aslo fine crazy Dutchman running around half naked chasing, crazy little lizards...lol

LMAO - Now that's an image I will have stuck in my head whilst at work tonight - Cheers Agamidae

hahahaha...if you want the best for central Australia , my best mate Insectovor is the man...

Here are a couple of pics that i took of herps on our holiday last week.

Guess up guys...what do you think they are?

nice mate.. have good time, did well catching the dragons...bloody fast

I just got back from a trip to all the places you mentioned, plus Darwin and Kakadu.
In Uluru I saw:

8 central netted dragons
4 molochs
5 central sand goannas
2 western browns
3 Burton's legless lizards
3 Western hooded scaly foots
20 or so Spiny tailed geckos (ciliaris)
Jeweled gecko
Fat-tailed gecko
Black-headed goanna

and my favourite reptile of the area, a Nephrurus laevissimus!!! :D :D

Sorry no pics, camera was stuffed :evil:

i reckon 1 ring tail dragon,2 tympanocryptis cephalus and naybe a Morethia of some sort.

Great pics, I love central Australia, some spectacular country.

more pics

More pics of our trip.

Beautiful places to see. I chased a goanna across a dune then it disappeared into a hole under a fallen tree. When i say chased it sounds as though i got close....no way. I did catch a few different dragons and they were pretty fast too, especially at 38 degrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back