Under tile heating (Trader?)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keelow

Reaction score
Built my olive python box and it's sitting at work.

6x3x2 I'd like to know how much heat tape to put under the tiles and what wattge is needed, i know someone built a huge olive box with under tile heating and can't remember if it was Trader.

Cheers

Kee

Actually it was HerpTrader but trader is my wife.

The dimensions of my enclosure are 2000 x 600 x 700 - pretty similar.

With 20/20 hindsight I would have used about a meter of ELE07S2-330 (330mm wide 70 watts per metre). I am about to add a second basking light. Currently I have a 50 watt halogen but it did not get warm enough. Having a basking shelf under the basking lights would also be something they would appreciate.

If you have not yet had a look at http://www.herptrader.com.au/TiledEnclosure it will show the basic tiling technique. I have taken photographs to showing how it can be done with a probe thermostat but have yet to put it together as a web page.

Also I recently did a temperature map of the enclosure using a data logger. I have 24 hour temperature graphs for 3 locations along the floor and 2 on the basking shelf. If you are interested PM me your email address and I will send you the Excel spread sheet with the graphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back