unidentified snake??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok uh about a year and a half ago me and two mates were down at the murray (albury/wodonga) and we saw this bright orange snake, it wasnt very big, about corn snake size and when we went to get a better look it took off..

we thought it may be an escaped smuggled corn snake but it was down the river??

any info or sighting of the same sort of thing would be great, or if anyone knows of a snake thats orange and lives in north east vic/southern NSW..
id never thought about asking about it on here till now.. "derp derp" *facepalm*

cheers-seb

I don't of any Australian Snakes that are bright orange. Check out the latest Reptile dictionary. You might find something in there. But I have heard that the likes of corn snakes are taking up residence in certain areas in the wild. Not a good thing as they breed so easy and now forcing our Australian snakes to compete for food.

yes i have seen corn snakes in the wild..dwn in syd when i lived there so they are around unfortunately

It wouldn't have been a Corn Snake. Chances are it was either a Tiger Snake or an Eastern Brown Snake.

Here's some examples -

ptextilis.jpg

fig1bbig.jpg

It wouldn't have been a Corn Snake. Chances are it was either a Tiger Snake or an Eastern Brown Snake.

Here's some examples -

ptextilis.jpg

fig1bbig.jpg
ahh yeh it was the first pic..almost certainly, are those natural morphs,local colourations or just random freaks?? coz ive never seen an EB like that, a couple of pics of the same sort of colouring in tigers though, but it was a lot slimmer than a tiger so i think it was an EB

G'day mate,

These are just rare colour forms, nothing to do with locality or line breeding.

I don't of any Australian Snakes that are bright orange. Check out the latest Reptile dictionary. You might find something in there. But I have heard that the likes of corn snakes are taking up residence in certain areas in the wild. Not a good thing as they breed so easy and now forcing our Australian snakes to compete for food.

I know locality is wrong but I thought I would show them because of colour
N calonotus, S bertholdi, S semifasciatus, N bimaculatus

View attachment 165721View attachment 165722View attachment 165723View attachment 165724
pencil.png

i would forget all about this snake as it is pointless trying to work out what it was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back