Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellowish, slender, approx 1.5m, didn't think about a photo as it wouldn't stay still... The broom was awesome help, the snake wasn't aggressive it was just trying to work out how to get back out the window past the curtains and a purple toy dragon. We are putting it down to tree snake or taipan.

large snake must be a king something. a bit like the lady last year that had a king red belly that trapped her in her house for 2 days. lol.
love these threads but sorry there is no possible way to id a snake from that kind of vague description.
as for it being a king brown well its a fair way east of the known habitat so maybe you should notify someone so they can modify all the info about where they reside.

that KING red belly incident where the lady was held "captive in her house" cause a stir with media and i was interviewed by Ben Fordham on 2GB talkback radio about the incident

that KING red belly incident where the lady was held "captive in her house" cause a stir with media and i was interviewed by Ben Fordham on 2GB talkback radio about the incident

Is there a recording of this?

that map shows the king brown being a long way from brissy. time to update apparently.

haha yea that king red belly was a hilarious article to read. i get some awesome stories.
the other day after doing a diamond relocation the home owner asked me how big the fangs are lol.
the stories never end.

Im in widgee near gympie

I might add that I have seen a wild one just east of widgee while on a herp trip with friends, so you are incorrect on this one.

bhahahahaha i love the "so you are wrong on this one" mate do a quick google search before you say hes wrong. ive had arguments with mates on the exact same subject apparently we have king browns here at coffs harbour along with inland taipans

It sounds like a snake... That's about as specific an Id as you can get from what has been given. At least one person on a Herp trip usually takes a photo of the snakes they found... Any chance of seeing a pic of the king brown from widgee or was it something starting with bu and ending in it

Cheers
scott

Awesome that we got a few I.Ds from people..Armchair Experts (Thanks Joy).

Now, I don't mean to alarm you, but I think it is a King or Eastern brown, both are HIGHLY venomous and aggressive. Now, you need to call a snake removal company, I am sure you can find one on the internet.

You need to stop typing and start reading. I dont mean to alarm you but i have a sneaking suspicion you have no idea what your talking about.

No, I did not measure it, it slithered away it in a directly strait line, and you could see it was huge, and for one thing it had no spots on it's belly.

Last edited:
No, I did not measure it, it slithered away it in a directly strait line, and you could see it was huge, and for one thing it had no spots on it's belly.

Did it roll over and beg for treats allowing you to check its ventrals out?

Slithered away in a "strait line..." now there's the giveaway line... King Browns always slither in a zigzag motion, so that knocks that theory on the head immediately :)! The 2.5m estimate is a worry though, and probably points to a lack of knowledge of snakes in general and elapids in particular. There have been very rare individual King Browns which get to this size (Graeme Gow had a 9ft P. australis which I saw in Darwin in 1974) but they are exceptional and extremely rare. As for estimating the length of a slithering snake in the bush - almost impossible, even for those with a lot of experience.

Gotta love the internet experts eh :)!

Jamie

Slithered away in a "strait line" ... ahhhh the old rubber snake on string trick

Now, I don't mean to alarm you, but I think it is a King or Eastern brown, both are HIGHLY venomous and aggressive. Now, you need to call a snake removal company, I am sure you can find one on the internet.
what the? both are totally different snakes and fyi there is no such thing as a king brown it is known as a mulga snake(Pseudechis australis) being a black snake thought you would know that by now being a reptile enthusiast.Does make me wonder actually how many people on here really know what they're talking about instead of shooting off their mouths about misleading information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back