Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when women are scared of a snake appearence they will often greatly exhadurate size. :) enough said haha king browns are not around south east queensland, often mistake of anyone around here that see's any form of brown snake.

what the? both are totally different snakes and fyi there is no such thing as a king brown it is known as a mulga snake(Pseudechis australis) being a black snake thought you would know that by now being a reptile enthusiast.Does make me wonder actually how many people on here really know what they're talking about instead of shooting off their mouths about misleading information.

This is what happenes all the time, people shoot their mouths off, state they know what the snake is, create fear mongering, wet them selves, and then move on to another topic to do the same again. I agree with you 79 it does get annoying seeing it on here again and again, and when a person who is not even from the area, says yeah "King browns are found there"... kinda frustrates me.

when women are scared of a snake appearence they will often greatly exhadurate size. :) enough said haha king browns are not around south east queensland, often mistake of anyone around here that see's any form of brown snake.

You'll go a long way on here with an attitude like that towards women....

what the? both are totally different snakes and fyi there is no such thing as a king brown it is known as a mulga snake(Pseudechis australis) being a black snake thought you would know that by now being a reptile enthusiast.Does make me wonder actually how many people on here really know what they're talking about instead of shooting off their mouths about misleading information.

Actually you are wrong. Mulga Snakes are legitimately known as King Browns in many parts of Australia. However, the only name that is reliable with any species is the scientific name.

Jamie

Really? So do Eastern Browns grow to 2.5 meters do they?

Look mate I don't want to argue, What might be in that persons could possibly be a King Brown that's all.

lol...did you get a ruler out and measure?

pretty sure SP knows his stuff. and then even more. He just knows haha.

SHHHH! You're going to ruin my fun! Now then... where did I put my rubber Ophiophagus hannah, I'm going "herping" in Widgee again this weekend! ;)

I had to laugh the other day, i am looking at buying new house and i get there and there is a rubber red belly black snake in the roof strut, to keep birds away, i say to the real estate agent omg look a snake, she screams, nearly passes out and says oh no i will call the snake catcher, i say ok sure go for it. Waiting .... waiting..... my phone rings, "hello this is ...... from ...... real estate, we have a snake at .... can you ceom get it....", " sure be there soon". Real estate agent turns around, i am standing there with my hoop bag. And say, that'll be $50 thanks you :D

Alright then have it your way, if you all want to suck up to snake pimp do so, and the rubber duck thing is just an absolute failure of being funny!

Alright then have it your way, if you all want to suck up to snake pimp do so, and the rubber duck thing is just an absolute failure of being funny!

Suck up? Yeah 'cause a wildlife carer and snake re-locator would have no idea what he's talking about, right?
Silly us.

Let's just cluelessly scare people with "ID's" and likely get the snake killed instead!

is google sucking up to snakepimp aswell?jesus he must be popular
sammy555j your making an idiot of yourself i would say quit while your ahead but thats not gonna happen so just quit

Why does a cry for help in identifying a snake always end up in a bitch fight??

One day someone with low knowledge of reptiles will get badly hurt because of the type of stupidity that contaminates virtually every thread like this

During the bushfires in the late 1980s we were having a cuppa
Right beside emergency call centre
Wires lady was talking to someone about this legless lizard that was driving her dog crazy
Looked like a blue tongue but must have been burnt
She wanted them to put it in a bag or pillowcase
Ears pricked up and I told her to tell them firmly to pull dog away and leave it alone
Got there a few minutes later ...Death Adder
Slight scorched but quite feisty

From vague descriptions you simply cannot tell
Yet every single time someone or other says Keelback, Tree snake etc etc

How exactly would you feel if you read in the paper "Died of snake bite after being assured by Experts from APS that it was harmless" ???

Mate im a snake removalist in your own back yard, but i can tell you now that the majority of the peoples places that i go to where the female is actually interested in whats happening and the "man" of the house has for some convienient reason had to vanish.
I come accross more men that are scared of them than woman.... As for a Pseudechis australis compared to aPseudonaja textilis....... dont know how anyone could confuse the two, well i guess there was that bloke in nsw that picked up a death adder thinking it was a blue tongue..... enough said

Funny thread to read:)
I am certainly not experienced enough to confidently Id vens, but personally I think any unidentified snake should be treated as a ven and the appropriate action taken, no I do not mean a shovel, but common sense:)

Why does a cry for help in identifying a snake always end up in a bitch fight??

Fair question. I think most of the blame lies with those people who make random crazy guesses that are obviously either wrong, or based on so little info that they are bound to be. I mean, I don't post in these threads because I can't ID snakes, often from poor pics. But even I know straight away how off the wall some of these guesses are.

I wonder if it's a good idea to have a special ID section where only certain people can post, to rule out the trolls and idiots? I think serious IDs should be a place for people to learn, sure, but primarily through observation and maybe clear questioning after an ID has been made. ie 'Ok, now that we know it's a fierce snake, how did you know it wasn't a keelback?'

Just my 2c.

I had to laugh the other day, i am looking at buying new house and i get there and there is a rubber red belly black snake in the roof strut, to keep birds away, i say to the real estate agent omg look a snake, she screams, nearly passes out and says oh no i will call the snake catcher, i say ok sure go for it. Waiting .... waiting..... my phone rings, "hello this is ...... from ...... real estate, we have a snake at .... can you ceom get it....", " sure be there soon". Real estate agent turns around, i am standing there with my hoop bag. And say, that'll be $50 thanks you :D

Why is it I suddenly have this visual of a black-clad Poggle sneaking through the streets at night randomly placing rubber snakes in downpipes, and business cards in letterboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back