Unusaul Aggression?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_boy

Reaction score
So like i only have 3 pythons, and male Bredli, who is amazingly clam, and Carpet female who i show of to newbies because of her placid temper. And a male Diamond who has only bitten once and that was when i first got him so he is very very clam to 'they all are'. So tonight i go to get my carpet and this bites for no reason, no i did not do anything out of the usual. Few minutes i go to grab the water bowl from my bredli to top it up, then he bites me from up above in his branch. Lastly around 1 hour later i want to get my Diamond out and so yeh cool he bites me to...
No i have not done anything unusaul and i had clean hands when i went to get them and they had not being few. Any ideas? cause this sucks.

Diamond 1.8ish Bredli 2 in febuary and Carpet 3 next month, and nah they had just pooped out there last feed not to long ago. but thanks :)

Hungry is first thing that comes to mind
But even if a snake is hungry it usually only bites what it considers to be food
You are not food
Unless
Maybe your clothes smelt like rat or kitten etc??

Hi--could be a feeding response, are they due to be fed soon?-- with the warm weather they would be a bit more active, and seeing the movement of your hand could have promted their reaction....might pay to use a hook and remove them from their enclosure first ---I have a few pythons that I take out with a hook, because sometimes they do try to bite, but once out of their enclosure, they foreget they were going to bite

Yeh any carpets I have had with a few years on them are usually savvy to what is food and what is the hand that feeds them unless I have been playing with food prior I guess (never made a habit of this). Unless we are talking about grumpy jungles although have not owned any from hatchlings.

Could they be coming up for a shed and feeling a bit touchy maybe.

Otherwise its clearly a case of python PMS. :D

I had being feeding them regular basis, they have never struck at me like that before and nah my clothes werent near them.

Must be Pms, because my diamond and carpet have shed and my bredli isnt realy cloe enough yet. they never bite haha and all 3 bit in one night -_____-

Last edited:
Increase in temps. speeds up their metabolism so they digest and utilize their food quicker. Added to that with that increase in temps brings more activity.

They are hungry.
Either feed larger food items or feed them more often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back