Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moeydwbrah

Reaction score
My prossy, proserpine coastal carpet, has suddenly developed what look to be 3 lumps inside of her, not sure what it could be!
These have appeared suddenly, its now sunday and she fed on a decent sized meal on thursday

2ygadynu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best bet is to pop down to your vet for a scan. lumps could be anything really, from food item, to tumors. Tumors can appear in reptiles very rapidly and do a lot of damage fast.

Thanks, will do, after letting her move around for abit the distinct lumps have disappeared but she still has a lump in her stomach as if she has just been fed? Could this be due to slow digestion of some sort?

That looks exactly what was going on with my olive python a few weeks ago. Vets diagnoses was he is overweight, and believed the lumps to be pockets of fat that are being displaced from the body cavity as they came and disappeared. What do you feed and how often?

If the lumps are where the food item is lying, they are most likely related to the feed. wait a few days and see how it looks after the rodent has been broken down. Sometimes the food animal bloats for a few days untile the abdominal wall is broken down, and the swollen rat can make odd shapes inside a snake.

Jamie

Hmmmm yeah im thinking maybe it could be linked with being overweight, ive been feeding large rats, at first every two weeks, then i moved up to every week, so maybe ill go back to once a fortnight!

I had exactly the same thing happen to one of my bredli. It is food related, so feed less and it will go away.

My coast / diamond python has several lumps on his skin, 5 to be exact. The reptile vet has seem him and wanted to test the tissue but at a cost of $500 I elected not to as they don't seem to be causing any harm and the snake doesn't react when they are touched. The lumps are on the last 1/3 of the snake and are on the top / side of the body. These were picked up in January during my first visit to the VET after purchasing the reptile last November. The VET said the snake could have had a bad start to life and I know when I got him he had no access to UV light in his enclosure, not sure if that could have been an issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back