up coming reptile shows in Sydney?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womagaunt

Reaction score
Hey guys,
anyone know where and when there will be some reptile shows in sydney, i heard the is one in illawarra reptile show on the 10th March 2013 is that right? and castle hill one on Sunday 10th February? if anyone knows any others please leave a comment
cheers womaG

There Other one at Penrith reptile expo on the 3rd March

Anyone got Newcastle date?... Was going go castle hill but after last yrs car parking I don't think so lol

Anyone got Newcastle date?... Was going go castle hill but after last yrs car parking I don't think so lol
SOFAR, Newcastle is always mid march so hatchies are more likely to be feeding properly. This season its the 17th March 2013

10/2 Castle Hill
3/3 Hawkesbury
10/3 Illawarra
17/3 Hunter

SOFAR, Newcastle is always mid march so hatchies are more likely to be feeding properly. This season its the 17th March 2013

Yes correct. The Sydney expo season seemed geared around snake breeding.....I will still be largely incubating but then I dont keep many snakes.

I think the various herp societies do an excellent job but I would like to see the expos spread around the calendar a bit more - say one per quarter, rather than being tied to the snake breeding season. If this was a case then I think each would attach more attendees and no matter the time of year there's always surplus herps avail for those interested in buying and selling. Unfortunately the current schedule tends to lend itself to "expo fatigue" and I think the societies are actually inadvertently ending up competing with each other. Just my thoughts.

score 17th of march is my birthday ;) , newcastles a bit of a drive but closer than sydney for me

the timing of the shows is based on several factors,
1- have the show to early and you interfere with breeding season, have it around december and it will get to hot in the cages at the expo's and you loose animals which leaves the end of summer when everything has bred and the temp is just right.

2- no good having a show if people dont have off spring to sell so the hatchling months are the best months to hold it.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

the timing of the shows is based on several factors,
1- have the show to early and you interfere with breeding season, have it around december and it will get to hot in the cages at the expo's and you loose animals which leaves the end of summer when everything has bred and the temp is just right.

2- no good having a show if people dont have off spring to sell so the hatchling months are the best months to hold it.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Hatchling Snakecentric argument....

The expos are not only about selling. Personally I appreciate the effort that the societies put into display and generating interest in the hobby. That's why I think they need to space them out more

Are any of these expos like the VHS expo? Because if they are I will most likely go to 1 or 2 of them.:D:lol::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back