Update on INland Taipans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean I can get more than 1 Killer Taipan for my $45000?

I only want a het for 'killer' so I don't have to pay as much..

You should learn something about keeping venomous snakes and antivenom before looking silly.
Care to enlighten us silly looking people on the issues? I want to know what you know. I am sure Bluetonguesblack will keen to asist.

Blue

Ok on a serious note and back on topic (This isn't a ******* contest it is best to ignore if you do not like a comment) the area these are being bred and sold is where I live (No it's not me lol) and what worries me is with all the investigations and public demand for answers these idiotic breeders will release/free all their snakes locally! I doubt they will wait for a knock on the door and I highly doubt they would kill them and dispose of the bodies being such a big investigation.

I can honestly say I am scared for the public in my local area on the likelihood of these snakes being freed from the breeder. Also the inland taipan was not the only dangerous breed they confiscated from one of the buyers homes here.

I can understand your concern. However, I doubt that will happen. The fact that the police are making a lot of noise about it indicates to me that they have run out of leads and they are hoping to panic someone into owning up. If they have someone in their sights they usually say nothing until after the bust.

I am told that most sales of illegal snakes take place in the carpark of a pub. Someone in the bar throws a snake bag or a python on the counter and that quickly identifies their possible customers. A few questions on what would you keep if you could? and what’s stopping you? sorts out the potentials. They work out multiple animals at really good prices. They arrange to meet back at the pub in a few days time. No phone numbers etc. The deal is done and the seller is never seen again at that particular establishment. That is why the cunning ones are so hard to trace.

They reckon the second illegal keeper that got busted was dobbed in by someone in the community. I reckon he must have been shooting his mouth off about inland taipans and he got taken seriously once the young bloke got bitten. Either that or he bought his at the same time as the young fella, who asked not be identified as the informant.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back