update on my female beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darlin', everyone here are only out to help you, getting defensive won't help. You really need to take advise and get veterinary help ASAP. I have just purchased my first dragon and they are very new to me I annoyed my vet for day's. Now I work in a very busy milk bar and I had Matt (vet) for day's coming down to check her he got so sick of me asking is she all right I got lumbered with her in the shop to everyone's joy! She is and was fine, she eats like a horse a very large one! If you are having feeding issues then I would investigate further I would be calling the vet (costs nothing other than a local call) and running it by him if still in doubt then a visit is well and truly on the cards! It certainly can not hurt. It also won't cost that much...perhaps $30 well worth it IMO. I wish you all the best and hope she/he is fine

shes sorta shedding bits atm so i gave her a little soak and she had som krickets they were a little small though coz there are for the geckos but she seems to be fine if i get her out she runs around and eats alittle but shes still skinny and hides

Sweety how old is she do you know? Now I believe woodies are better in nutrition than crickets have you tried them instead? Correct me if I am wrong. I am glad to hear she is coming good, sorry I can't help further

i think shes a little over a year not sure though.she wont eat in the tank only when shes out if shes in the tank she just hides. bit odd realy

i think shes a little over a year not sure though.she wont eat in the tank only when shes out if shes in the tank she just hides. bit odd realy

Look to my knowledge it isn't weird at all for them to eat only in a separate tub, if she eats only out of her enclosure then by all means feed her where ever she likes! What ever it takes. She is only young so all else being well she should be thriving, I am not that far from you , I don't know that much about them but perhaps I can help? Look if you need pm me. OK

shes about 35cm and has only been like this for the last 3 or more weeks today was the best she has been for awhile but i put her bak in the tank and shes just strait bak to digging and hiding

Is she to hot? I bumped temps up thinking I was doing the right thing but in fact I was slow cooking her, turned temps down and she is now fine, could be the other way around of course too.

While too hot mine was digging and hiding to instead of coming out looking for heat, just a thought

nah its not to hot the male sits under it fine and its only 37degrese in there

Sometimes, even though it's what should be done, people don't have the money at the time for vet bills, or their parents don't - is this maybe the case?
If this is so, then I'd be taking up the offer of someone coming to have a look - you're thinking she'll come good & not following some good advice won't help keep your beardie alive.
Is it possible for u to post a pic of what she looks like, even if it's skin & bones, & also her enclosure - please!!
She needs more than crickets atm, woodies was a great idea, or silkworms. If she's that skinny she may need force feeding to help her out. But if she's still stressing, nothing is going to help her put on weight - has the male been removed permanently?
Keep us informed - Kathy

Sometimes, even though it's what should be done, people don't have the money at the time for vet bills, or their parents don't - is this maybe the case?
If this is so, then I'd be taking up the offer of someone coming to have a look - you're thinking she'll come good & not following some good advice won't help keep your beardie alive.

This is where i will disagree:rolleyes:
The way i look at it is if you cant provide for the animal in every sence then you
should not have the animal.:rolleyes:

apart from hiding she pretty much better if we get her out she runs around and will eat she just hides in the tank.so i just have to fatten her up now

and also my little male beardie can stick his eyes right out of his head(realy creepy) just wondering if anyone elses beadies do this.and no theres nothing wrong with him he does it at will had them almost a year only seen him do it 3 times

DID U TAKE IT TO THE VET ON SATURDAY?
i cn only assume that u didnt as u didnt reply to my question a few posts up ...

This is where i will disagree:rolleyes:
The way i look at it is if you cant provide for the animal in every sence then you
should not have the animal.:rolleyes:
totally agree. if you cant or wont provide proper care for any animals that you keep or want to keep then you shouldnt be keeping any. if you dont have money or money put a side for when a vet is needed this is another reason not to keep animals. how would you like it if you couldnt go to a doctor if you were sick?

no ididnt take it to the vet it took her to someone that looks after all sik wildlife and she has 4 beardies she just told me the same as u guys trie and feed her ect ect

dad never takes me to the docter when im sik LOl so take that
then he shouldnt have kids if he cant provide proper care for you. i now see where the problem is with you caring for your beardie and any other animals that you may keep.
ill leave any other comment for others to make

then he shouldnt have kids if he cant provide proper care for you. i now see where the problem is with you caring for your beardie and any other animals that you may keep.
ill leave any other comment for others to make
why bother he wont take any notice . i just hope he duznt get any more animals .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back