update shots

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice jungle freak I like the strip down the back of yours :) how old is your 1

That male is about 11 months old and about 3 foot long.

Ian , also overcast days are good for outside shots using the flash, try in the shade of a tree too.
take lots of pics in different light or shady areas and at diferent distances with flash and without.
Then you will see the difference in your shots.
good luck
Roger

They are starting to look good , do they lose color like Jungles when they are older? Or stay bright?

Thanks Ian. I'm happy with her getting better every shed I don't have a good cam i just used my iPhone lol

My jag is about the same age I'm feeding her 2 adult mice aweek do u guys think I should up the size yet?

Last edited:
Thanks Ian. I'm happy with her getting better every shed I don't have a good cam i just used my iPhone lol

My jag is about the same age I'm feeding her 2 adult mice aweek do u guys think I should up the size yet?

You should be able to tell if it wants more, it will normally come out looking for more once it has eaten what you gave it, if not then it is satisfied. another indication is that it should finish up with a good bulge in its belly.

It looks very advanced, you where saying that it is same age as what???

I just relooked at the photos & what threw me was the last pic as there was no comparison to size. I guess you are saying that it is the same as "Lucky". If so I think that what you are fgeeding it at present is fine. I prefer to change onto rats as soon as I can as they are more available as a bigger food item when they get bigger.
At present I am feeding "Lucky" two fuzzy to weaner rats or two day or so old chicks every 5 to 7 days.

I have some young BHPs at present that will eat just about anything that I throw at them every 5 to 7 days as they are in thier growing period & I don't want to hold them back by slow feeding & the growth rate on these snakes is astounding.
I reckon they would even attack a full size chook if thrown in, but this would be stupid,LOL.
Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Jungle freaks mine is 11 months old like his

I just dont want to under feed or over feed but ya thay leave a nice bump in her

I have kept back a few from the last 2 seasons and too date they are holding their colours really well......Even the original MD JAGS I got from SXR are still looking the goods.

I do however have 1 or 2 from last season which have smudged in the rear third,

However from what I have seen 95% hold their colours and dont dull drastically. Its early days however most only 3-4 years old.......

"Lucky" is about to shed soon, I will get Paula to take some updated pics when she has said & post here for you guys.
Hopefully we can get some good shots liger Roger said.

Cheers
Ian

One of Bens
ResizedRPMLEMONSTRIPEYMALE.jpg

I love that one Rog/Ben, different with the dorsal stripe and saddles....stunning! :)

Heres one that I sold earlier in the year, cant remember if I posted it already but saw it in my downloads and thought it would be good to add.......Taken on a iphone apparently

Attachments

• mickjag.jpg
    mickjag.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 88
Got to stop looking at this thread I am almost ready to part with some of my leaftails lol

couple more to add up, nice pair of CARAMELS.............

Attachments

• PB080010.jpg
    PB080010.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 144
  • PB080012.jpg
    PB080012.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 113
cheers Wayne and Rog,
Hey Rog, that pair is now available..........(dangling carrot in front of head)

just got some of the pics emailed to me so will add up some pics of the available hatchies soon.......

Hi Ben,
Mate that super light Caramel is a screamer.
'Lucky' just shed tonight, so I will get Paula to take some pics in the next day or two. Looking good.

Cheers
Ian

Another pic of my striped lemon male from Ben .
The colour is washed out in this shot by the flash , but this pic shows him hanging and looking sooo hungry lol.
hanging.jpg

Couple more pics of some Jungle JAGS........

Attachments

• 11Y7503 female.jpg
    11Y7503 female.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 11G7501 female.jpg
    11G7501 female.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 127
Here is some updated pics of 'Lucky', she is now approx 10 months of age.
A good comparison in size is the photo of her on my hand, I have an average size hand ( not too small, not too large ) but is a workers hand
and not a hard worker, or an office worker but an everage workers hand.....:lol:

Once again thanks to Ben..

cheers Ian

PB082737.jpgPB102743.jpgPB102748.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back