UpsideDown Roaches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
I am sure this is not just me...but my roaches tend to get stuck upside down and whilst they are not dead, when I flick em up the right way they end up upside down again sometime or another. It does not happen to every roach I have, just some of them.

Any ideas why this happens? Lizzies dont get enticed by roaches that lay o their backs doing nothing....maybe that is the roaches plan? hehehe

I reckon you just have very clever roaches :) I used to breed em by the hundreds and I have never witnessed this, the only upside down roaches I have seen have beed dead ones :)

Do you have roach spray in you house??

The FLICK guy says that the chemicals they use make the roach go blind and they can't see above them when they are legs down so they use their below senses to identify things and roll onto their back to avoid potential threats from above.

Interesting cos it is what happenes to all the roaches here after they have treated them.

Cheers Hawkeye

Nope, no roach stuff been sprayed around the house, at least not for around 5years that I can vouch for. No idea what it is. This batch is worse than the last batch too. Don't know if it is shedding roaches or what it is all about. They are definately not dead.

Yet another mystery I guess!

Send Brian an Email and ask him Stretchy babe. It could be temperature related and they are turning their feet towards the basking lamp to try and keep them warm, you know what it is like to have cold feet so try being a little less cruel and buy them some socks and shoes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back