Urgent Help!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie-Python-97

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My 8 month old spotted python has escaped somehow (yet to find out) I searched all over his enclosure.. With no sight I turned my home upside down and still no sight.. is there any tips on how to find him. He's around 50cm and the size of a 10-20cent piece.

Check all the warm spots (TV, DVD player, fridge, anything on stand-by) and all the snug, dark spots. They can squeeze into some surprisingly small gaps. They often don't go too far from their enclosure so start there and work your way out.

Good luck, hope you find him.

How long ago did he eat. Maybe try leaving out a defrosted mouse in a bird cage or something close by to the enclosure, so that once he has eaten he won't be able to get back out. Also try watching around the area at night when they are most active. I've also heard sprinkling flour on the flour may help you see where they may be.

His enclosure is right next to a Gas fire and he is most likely able to fit do you think he could be hiding there, i have removed some parts of the fire.. but I've seen no sight of him.

How long ago did he eat. Maybe try leaving out a defrosted mouse in a bird cage or something close by to the enclosure, so that once he has eaten he won't be able to get back out. Also try watching around the area at night when they are most active. I've also heard sprinkling flour on the flour may help you see where they may be.

He's due to feed tomorrow afternoon

awww :( just block the front and back doors if it can fit under, good luck, you'll find him :) maybe check around curtains aswell

I found my baby in a cd player about 3 weeks after she got lost. try the computer. And block the doors, even if you think she wouldn't fit under - it's amazing the spaces they can fit into

theres a few things you can do frist of all grab a torch and have a look around after dark. put powder down on the floor were you can in the room he got away see if he is still around

Sad to hear bud, Figured out how it escaped yet??. I can't really offer any help opposed to the already given advice of putting flour around "potential hides" and going from there, good luck anyway fingers crossed for ya.

Cheers, Jason.

Sad to hear bud, Figured out how it escaped yet??. I can't really offer any help opposed to the already given advice of putting flour around "potential hides" and going from there, good luck anyway fingers crossed for ya.

Cheers, Jason.

Thanks nahh not sure how thinking little kid has left it open a bit after hes gone looking for him... while i wasnt home

maybe someone stole it anyone know of your snake that really wanted one too but could get one?

have you tried heating up a rat and leaving it out for him yet? i would leave a hide in close proximity to the heated rat and he might go into the hide after feeding

Good luck cobber! Really hope he shows up.

I would be distraught of one of our snakes escaped. We are on the top floor and I dont think they would survive a fall from the balcony.

Good luck . I had a darwin do the houdini thought he was long gone found him a week later.

You might find it when you least expected it. Just like i did.....

Put airconditioning on, so your house is freezing, leave out a warm spot whilst
turning any possible heat source off.
Good luck!

Ha ha just checked where you live, probably cold enough without aircon!

i had my spotted hatchie escape on me this year, i seen this thing that looked like a snake under my desk 1 night and thought "that looks like a snake" and sure enough it was my spotted, didn't even know she was missing lol guess i was lucky. all i was gonna say is leave a mouse out and wait but that has already been said, id leave it in a nice dark hide with a heat matt or something so when it eats it will hopefully sit on the heat mat and let it digest, hope you find it, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back