Urgent Sale!! Pair of unrelated yearling bredl

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yearlings mel :) by the way, if either winner is in NSW and feels like selling the male when i get back from europe a year from now... get in touch heh :) (maybe you already have a pair or something? i know i know, way too hopeful)

Hey Cheej I have been trying to reach you to get your details.
I rang your mobile on wednesday (when you were online) and got no answer.I sent you a pm saying I would ring you on Thursday which I did....again no answer...no messagebank.
I am trying to do the right thing but if you still want to sell these snakes then it is going a close thing with permits.
Please..send a pm or call me..my number has probably shown up as a missed call.

It's now Sunday, 9th of March.
Cheej has not posted on this site in over a week.He does not answer his mobile when I try to call him, nor does he answer my pm's I have sent to him.
I had my doubts about this 'auction' from the start.I don't think such auctions should be permitted in future.If you want to sell a snake then simply sell it, don't waste people's time.
I tried to do the right thing, I offered a fair price and didn't try to take advantage of his situation.
I have been told Cheej was in fact going overseas to meet a girl off the net.
Well....I hope she turns out to be a guy!

I'm with you Greebs, I think that is some pretty poor form.
If there was a change of situation, Cheej should have at least posted an explanation.

When I see Bredli pythons for sale at 650$ each at Herpswap, It crosses my mind that when the bids only reached around 700$ a pair, CheeJ may well have balked on the whole auction idea and went else where to try and get a return.
It may well be the auction didnt reach the level of expectation he was after and he bailed..........

OZ :roll:

Definitely not a gentleman, to say the least!!!

You can get Bredls for $450 each too Pairs were being advertised at this price per snake on Herp Trader just recently. In fact I may have scored one myself....

Sue

I actually offered him $800 straight off which is more than he would of got if he sold them to a pet shop.He pm'ed me agreeing to this price and gave me his mobile number.
Somewhere along the line...something caused him to change his mind but I don't think it was the price he baulked at.From conversations with other people I get the impression that their were other mitigating circumstances.
He said he was going overseas for 'work' which had me suspicious from the start.
Whatever his reasons...a simple post explaining that he no longer wanted to sell the snakes would have washed this bitter taste from my mouth.

CheeJ said:
......Therefore, I have accepted the purchase price from Greebo for $800 for the pair of his choice and if there are no objections......Greebo would need to confirm this and if he does then a pair of bredl is considered sold to Greebo......

I agree with Greebo. From the quote above, doesn't sound like it was the price that was the issue. Even still, if he wanted to get at least a certain amount, that should have been mentioned up front. I thought the whole concept of an auction was that the seller takes a calculated risk of not getting as much as he wants, but might get more. Unless you state a minimum, all's fair. If he wasn't cool with that, he could/should have just set a price, and taken first offer.

Very least, he does owe an explanation to those that bid, and certainly to highest bidders. I would also agree that this is maybe not the best place for such auctions. Just post it in the classifieds, and then maybe leave a post in the forums, if you want, directing interested parties there.

I think that auction like this can be exiting. I agree that if somebody go ahead with it here in our community, good idea would be to ask administrator first. That way we can do our best to rate this person.
Bad luck Greebo, at least you did not suffer any loss.

Maybe then some ground rules should apply. Like minimum price that will be accepted, and end date/time, at the very least.

Just to say, this auction didn't effect me directly or anything, but I must say, watching it left a bad taste in my mouth as well. Don't like to see people get burned, or have their hopes dashed, or like Greebo pointed out, their time wasted, ya' know? :?

The admins have decided that if anyone wants to start an auction, they must contact the administrators first and a 2% charge from the reserve price will be laid to ensure that the auction is genuine.

The money will go back into the site expenses.

Also, members who have been active for over two years will be able to auction for free.

I think that is a good idea. But don't you think that having to be a member for more than two years is a little steep?? Has anyone been a member for that long? The oldest member I could see joined up in August 2002. Do you think that maybe being an active member for at least six months would be a little more achievable?

Franco

I dont know about the whole auction thing.
If anyone has herps they need to dispose of there is a perfectly good classified section available.With an auction being run in a community there is always someone(underbidder/s)who are going to be disappointed and it could conceiveably result in some bad feelings.

my 2cents anyway.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back